Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ipad cracked screen prepare to pay $400

This is a discussion on Ipad cracked screen prepare to pay $400 within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Associate Store Manager at NYC 5th ave store offered arrogant defense of apple policy not to.fix cracked screens. I have a two.month old ipad and ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ipad cracked screen prepare to pay $400

  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    158256
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    3

    Ipad cracked screen prepare to pay $400

    Associate Store Manager at NYC 5th ave store offered arrogant defense of apple policy not to.fix cracked screens. I have a two.month old ipad and never knew screen.damage was fatal to.the.product. While they had.it.behind the.Genius Bar.they.erased the.memory.too! All my.photos are lost.

    took it to another non apple shop who.charge 200 for.screen repair and hoping.for.best. I.see lots of people had better experiences before . RIP Steve.Jobs. The new Apple only wants your.money.
    Last edited by Tomf; 01-28-2012 at 10:30 PM.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    If Apple or any other company will replace something I broke at deep discount, I'll appreciate it.

    What other companies are doing that much? Because I'll buy from them, too, if they sell stuff I want.

  4. #3
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    85561
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    44
    I agree.. No store replaces broken tech for free. You should either take what comes or be prepared to pay. I personally have my iPad insured through the Worth Ave Group iPad insurance program. That way if I do brake mine I pay a $50 deductible not $400 to replace a screen...

  5. #4
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    93846
    Liked
    31 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    730
    I don't understand... If I do crack my iPad's screen - should I demand Apple to give me a new one for free? Or that they should repair it for a small fee? Is this what you would like/demand?
    I fully agree that one should have an insurance (or whatever) to pay such damage, but everyone should have it himself. I mean, I also do not buy a new car, crash it against a tree and demand from the maker to replace it/ repair it almost for free, right?
    So I also do not get the point of the guys in the oth thread who get angry aboutnot getting a free replacement after (dumbly) dropiing their precious item...

  6. #5
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    158406
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2
    UK replacement cost of 200 + VAT quoted by Apple for cracked I-Pad screen (they would replace the whole unit for a new one).Told me they don't make any money from this service - can't believe that for a minute. Why no offer to repair- have to now go to an independent at 80 and lose the warranty. Someone needs to challenge Apple's right to invalidate warranties if independent repairs are carried out. When this happened in the car servicing sector the franchised garages suddenly were able to drop thier prices by over 50%.

  7. #6
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    I'd guess that the difference is that if Apple takes care of your prob, they're essentially agreeing to more than fixing your screen, because a drop can damage more than the glass. If they replace your device, you don't have to worry about that. An outside shop is fixing your screen only, and then you're on your own.

  8. #7
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    110082
    Liked
    111 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    1,294
    I think part of the frustration here is that there are plenty of stories(even a whole thread here)about people getting free screen replacements at various stores. I get that Apple is NOT required to do this or expected to but that doesn't lessen the blow when it appears to be totally random as to who gets a free screen and who does not. I agree that Apple shouldn't have to fix something that the user broke, like the car repair analogy someone used.

    They should just come up with a policy and stick with it. I personally don't like random policies like this. As Yoda says: "do or do not, there is no try".


    32GB Wifi iPad 2 / OS 7.0

  9. #8
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
    I think part of the frustration here is that there are plenty of stories(even a whole thread here)about people getting free screen replacements at various stores. I get that Apple is NOT required to do this or expected to but that doesn't lessen the blow when it appears to be totally random as to who gets a free screen and who does not. I agree that Apple shouldn't have to fix something that the user broke, like the car repair analogy someone used.

    They should just come up with a policy and stick with it. I personally don't like random policies like this. As Yoda says: "do or do not, there is no try".

    Lots of perks are random or subjective. If only some airline passengers or hotel guests get upgrades, for instance, I don't start boycotting an airline or hotel chain. Companies have limited resources and will use them as they see fit. Their goal is to satisfy as many customers as possible, at reasonable cost and profit. No company aims to satisfy every customer, because that's not possible. Heck, would you want to try that at your job or company?

    Any adult who expects life to be fair is in for lots of unhappiness beyond a gadget or two from Apple.
    skimonkey likes this.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    Lots of perks are random or subjective. If only some airline passengers or hotel guests get upgrades, for instance, I don't start boycotting an airline or hotel chain. Companies have limited resources and will use them as they see fit. Their goal is to satisfy as many customers as possible, at reasonable cost and profit. No company aims to satisfy every customer, because that's not possible. Heck, would you want to try that at your job or company?

    Any adult who expects life to be fair is in for lots of unhappiness beyond a gadget or two from Apple.
    I agree with KayKayKay. It is true that "lots of perks are random or subjective." Not to get off topic, however,in my profession, or any field for that matter--we follow the "manage by exception" rule and deal with each situation separately. Everything is not always black and white, even with policies and procedures in place. There is some "gray" where I come from, particularly when dealing with customer satisfaction metrics. Not everybody will feel that they received a satisfying result, but many may and will.

  11. #10
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey View Post
    I agree with KayKayKay. It is true that "lots of perks are random or subjective." Not to get off topic, however,in my profession, or any field for that matter--we follow the "manage by exception" rule and deal with each situation separately. Everything is not always black and white, even with policies and procedures in place. There is some "gray" where I come from, particularly when dealing with customer satisfaction metrics. Not everybody will feel that they received a satisfying result, but many may and will.
    That's funny. Someone I manage was pushing for a rule on something. My answer was essentially: Our work is complex. That's why we don't have a rule. We pay you to use your judgment. If it turns out your judgment isn't sound, then we made a mistake hiring you, lol.


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Ipad cracked screen
    By couture91 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
  2. Cracked Ipad Screen
    By mrswilliams123 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 07:48 AM
  3. Cracked ipad screen
    By llooby345 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 06:07 PM
  4. iPad broken screen (cracked screen)
    By stephens2923 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
  5. Cracked ipad 2 screen
    By dpg8tr in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 02:37 AM

Search tags for this page

apple broken screen policy
,
apple ipad broken screen policy
,
apple policy on broken screen
,
does apple replace cracked screens
,

fixing ipad screen

,
ipad best repair service
,
ipad screen crack warranty
,

ipad screen repair nyc

,
ipad screen replacement nyc
,

ipad warranty cracked screen

,
places in new york city that replaces cracked ipad screens
,
worth ave group cracked screen
Click on a term to search for related topics.