I've been researching this strange problem. I found lots of problems with iPad 2 Contacts App recently but none quite like this..
Background: iPad 2 purchased about 10 days ago and got help with setup in the Apple store. In short, everything was fine...until today.
Symptom: (on the iPad 2 Contacts app)
More Info: The data for iPad Contacts app is in a gmail account.
- suddenly only the name and the phone number are shown !
- Mailing address info for all the contacts is not shown !
Attempts to workaround:
- When using Gmail on Firefox or Chrome I can see all the same contacts and clicking on any given contact shows all the info on that contact (including mailing address (i.e. "snail mail address).
- And yet, the iPad only shows the name and phone number for the contact!
Does anyone have any ideas to help me on this one? Thanks in advance.
- I thought I would try to export all the Gmail contacts to my iCloud account and try to use that on the iPad (i.e. currently none of these apps like calendar or mail are using the iCloud as a data source).
- Using Gmail, I exported all the contacts to a vCard format file (as directed in YouTube videos and elsewhere on this topic).
- Then, I logged into iCloud and dragged and dropped the vCard file into the "big box" of the iCloud contacts (which initially had only my name there).
- Now I have all my contacts in iCloud but the same issue remains: only the name and the phone number are shown (mailing address is missing or not shown). WEIRD problem.