Hi, This is my first post (to any forum, anywhere - seriously!) so apologies if I have bad etiquette or posted on the wrong forum. I did search first, and found what I needed, but it was from early 2010. I figure it's okay to post similar question again, since 24months old is ancient.
Issue: I would like to be able to view and fill out a document (could be PDF or a form I have already created in MS Word) on my iPad 2. I need to be able to either 1) send the form to a printer for scanning/uploading to a secure website without saving the document OR 2) save the form as a document on the iPad then upload to the secure website.
Background: I've already spent about 5 hours creating an MS Word form. The form I made isn't pretty or flashy, but it has the three kinds of forms I need, which are 1) drop-down list menu, 2) check box options, and 3) text fields (for my witty comments!). It's very functional, and customized to exactly what I need.
Possible Solutions I've Generated (plz keep in mind I'm new to iPad as well as being new to forms, so NONE of these may work)
1. Use either QuickOffice or Documents to Go to utilize the form I've already created. Then, I could upload that document to the website.
2. Create an actual PDF with Nuance or Acrobat Pro on my PC, then use PDF Expert to fill in the form on the iPad. (This would be much more expensive for me, because I don't have Acrobat Pro or Nuance).
1. Do you have another solution I've not yet thought of?
2. Do you have any feedback on the solutions I've thought of?
3. Will QuickOffice or Documents to Go "roundtrip" back to MS Word?
4. Thoughts on Acrobat Pro or Nuance? Are there others/better ones?
Thanks for any suggestions you may have. Lara