OK - I'm looking for a tablet for different reasons than most folks I know and am considering the iPad2.
A lot of folks tell me to avoid the Apple stuff and that Android tablets are much better, but it seems to me that there are a gizzion apps for the iPad and I gather it out sells the Android tablets, so it can't be all bad.
Here's what I want to do with a tablet:
1. I'd like to use it as a notebook for work - to take notes in regards to vendor contacts, general notes to remember at a later date, misc info - sort of like a repository of info that up to now I have hand scribbled into notebooks - paper notebooks that over the years are scattered. I should think a tablet full of searchable info (something as simple as a word type doc that I can do a word search on would suffice) on a single device vs a pile of paper notebooks would be desirable.
2. Simple calculations via spreadsheets that I can save and use over and over again.
3. Of course web surfing.
4. PDF download capability and printing.
5. Printing to older printers via USB port.
6. Tethering to my Blackberry Curve when wi-fi is not available.
7. Upload and download files from my PC to the iPad and vise-versa.
My question is - can I do all of the above with the iPad2 (or even the iPad1)?
Any tips, suggestions and advice would be most appriciated.