I've searched and found a few references to my question, but I'm still somewhat confused.
I currently have an apple account and and iTouch 2nd Gen. I'm considering purchasing an iPad 2, WiFi version. Here are my questions:
1. Do I need a new (and separate) account for my iPad?
2. I will have some of the same apps on both my iPad and iTouch and will have some apps on one but not on the other. If I set up for a manual sync and plug in my iPad, will it only sync the stuff related to my iPad and not the stuff for my iTouch (and vice versa).
3. Since #2 above is is what I want to occur, is there any special setup or procedure I need to follow when setting up my iPad for the first time or, subsequently, when I attach one of the two devices?
4. Will the automatic backup that currently occurs when I sync my iTouch be maintained separately from the automatic backup that I presume will occur when I attach my iPad?
5. When I use a file sharing app on, say, my iTouch and select a file currently on my desktop, will this file also show up on my iPad if I have the same app on the iPad (or, again, will they be kept separately?)?
If I haven't asked a question that I should have asked, I would appreciate any advice other users of multiple apple devices could provide.