Lots of iPad case manufactures are coming out with their cases for the iPad 2. What I find shocking is that, so far, very very few of the available cases support any of the smart case technology!
I do expect this to change, but frankly I find the fact that great case designers like:
Fail to use magnets in their cover to turn the iPad on and off. Magnets could also be used to hold the iPad inside of cases more snugly. Even cheaper no-name cases like this one lack this obvious feature.
I have pre-ordered a case from Grove, who say they will support the smart cover technology, but that's going to take months I think.
Here are some other cases that use the smart cover technology:
- Grove (pre-order) $79.00
- Octavo Book Case (pre-order) $59.00
- SmartBlazer (coming soon) $59.00
- Miniot (coming soon) $80.00
- Portanzo $79.00 (Looks good!)
- Padovia very nice leather... but $209 (OMG the price! OH. and "pre-order")
Do you know of others?
What case are you using now?
Would you buy a "non-smart" case in the future?