Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

This is a discussion on My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers? within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by SporkLover Look at the left side of the case( the side that says joy) ... It's open. Marware, and xgearlive also have ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What's on your iPad 2?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • My iPad 2 is naked!

    20 15.04%
  • Apple Smart Cover

    84 63.16%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

    13 9.77%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

    17 12.78%
  • Homemade cover.

    3 2.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 175
  1. #41
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    36745
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Look at the left side of the case( the side that says joy) ... It's open.

    Marware, and xgearlive also have one. I was going to order one from the joy factory, but the were playing the high shipping price game. They wanted a pretty penny for standard ups ground shipping. I went to xgearlive and ordered from them.
    I still can't get past the fact that the xgearlive version comes off the corner of the iPad when the guy just lifts it up, in their own demo video. It must be the slits in the corners of the case that don't hold tight.

    The Joy case looks identical but has solid corners. Maybe it stays on better? Guess I'll wait for some reviews.

  2. Ads


  3. #42
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    38682
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8
    Proporta makes cases for a number of items and here is one they are offering for the iPad 2 http://www.proporta.com
    You will have to selest Apple on the side menu and then the iPad 2 to see the info. What I like about it is the thin Aluminum plate sandwiched between the front cover to protect the display. A bit expensive ($84.95) but they do offer one for less money
    ($47.95) without the aluminum plate. I am very partial to this company as I had one on my original Archos 7 and was very impressed with the quality and stiching of the leather. The Aluminum version will also put the iPad 2 to sleep. This is probably what I'll go for when it starts shipping. I too had the gray smart cover and ended up returning it to Best Buy.

    Last edited by anderdea; 03-29-2011 at 01:42 PM.

  4. #43
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    23064
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by zipur View Post
    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 Here a nice case for smart cover users.



    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 - iPad / iPhone Protection - Products
    This looks like it would fill the bill nicely. Looking forward to some reviews. Thanks

  5. #44
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    37972
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Look at the left side of the case( the side that says joy) ... It's open.

    Marware, and xgearlive also have one. I was going to order one from the joy factory, but the were playing the high shipping price game. They wanted a pretty penny for standard ups ground shipping. I went to xgearlive and ordered from them.
    I still can't get past the fact that the xgearlive version comes off the corner of the iPad when the guy just lifts it up, in their own demo video. It must be the slits in the corners of the case that don't hold tight.

    The Joy case looks identical but has solid corners. Maybe it stays on better? Guess I'll wait for some reviews.
    Maybe they posted this for you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_jv...embedded#at=14

  6. #45
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    36745
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Look at the left side of the case( the side that says joy) ... It's open.

    Marware, and xgearlive also have one. I was going to order one from the joy factory, but the were playing the high shipping price game. They wanted a pretty penny for standard ups ground shipping. I went to xgearlive and ordered from them.
    I still can't get past the fact that the xgearlive version comes off the corner of the iPad when the guy just lifts it up, in their own demo video. It must be the slits in the corners of the case that don't hold tight.

    The Joy case looks identical but has solid corners. Maybe it stays on better? Guess I'll wait for some reviews.
    Maybe they posted this for you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_jv...embedded#at=14
    I already saw that. But the plunger is lifting the back from the center which would pull the corners together, holding the iPad secure.

    The same guy then demos the case in the other video, and when he picks it up from the edge of the iPad the corner of the cover pulls off. He just quickly pushes it back on and continues the demo. They really should reshoot that video as it's not a very good sales demo.

  7. #46
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    40248
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by zipur View Post
    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 Here a nice case for smart cover users.



    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 - iPad / iPhone Protection - Products
    Thanks! This is just the type of case I was looking for and it will work with my smart cover.

  8. #47
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    15631
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,078
    Treegloo have just posted on their Facebook that their Moleskine-style iPad2 covers are up and ready for ordering:

    "All cases will come standard with the sleep/wake function, and the camera port will be optional. Orders are open and start shipping next week! For any questions, please free free to email us at ipad2@treegloo.com."



    Portenzo and Pad and Quill have also started offering their Moelskine-style cases as well, also with optional camera port and magnetic activation, but all other factors (e.g. workmanship, customer service, etc) being equal, Treegloo seems to be coming in with the best price and most options.

    cf.
    Treegloo Products - Customizable, Durable, Eco-friendly Cases | Made by Hand in the USA
    Portenzo - Hand made iPad cases
    Artisan Book Cases for Your Touch-Enabled and eReader Devices by Pad & Quill
    32GB WiFi

  9. #48
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    38004
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyrone, GA - USA
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Futurebird View Post
    I have a Targus case for my iPad 1. They do make good cases. The iPad seems very safe inside of it.
    I picked up this Targus case from Best Buy...so far so good..

    for Mac Cases & Accessories | THZ045US | by Targus
    _____
    Swaggapad

    iPad Mini - wRD, Black, 32GB wifi

    iPad (3rd gen) - Black, 32GB wifi - Sold on Ebay
    iPad2 - White, 32GB wifi Sold on Ebay

  10. #49
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    15631
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggapad
    I picked up this Targus case from Best Buy...so far so good..
    What surprises me is how much some of these mass-market, overseas-made items sometimes cost; for the same price or just a little more, one could get a made-to-order US-handmade case with superior workmanship (not that there's anything wrong with Targud, Belkin, Ecoware, etc.)
    32GB WiFi

  11. #50
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    40321
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by thetaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zipur View Post
    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 Here a nice case for smart cover users.



    SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 - iPad / iPhone Protection - Products
    Thanks! This is just the type of case I was looking for and it will work with my smart cover.
    I ordered one of these over the weekend, and I guess a bunch of other people did too, because they moved the ship date from April1 to April14, due to the high demand. They're throwing in some type of Prizm screen protector for my patience, not that I'll use it.

    Right now, I have some very thin leather case from Best Buy, and I hate it. I think it's the Griffin? brand. I don't care for how flimsy the cover is. I'll be taking it back and getting a smart cover (again) to use with the clear cover.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Magnetic Covers Question
    By Macmutt in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
  2. Smart Covers Announced for the iPad 2
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
  3. iPad 2 smart covers - pictures wanted
    By jimgreen83 in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
  4. smart covers
    By supersteve1 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
  5. Smart Covers
    By veggiop in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:18 AM

Search tags for this page

best ipad 2 magnetic case
,
best magnetic ipad 2 case
,

ipad 2 case magnetic

,
ipad 2 case with magnetic cover
,
ipad 2 cases magnetic
,

ipad 2 cases with magnetic cover

,
ipad 2 magnetic cases
,

magnetic ipad 2 case

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread