Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2

This is a discussion on Ipad 2 is official..details here xoom owned by ipad 2 within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; iPad 2 is "da bomb"...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 132
  1. #121
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    4914
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wiesbaden, Germany
    Posts
    29
    iPad 2 is "da bomb"

  2. Ads


  3. #122
    Administrator
    Member #
    1596
    Liked
    336 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brisbane , Queensland Australia
    Posts
    5,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvntravln View Post
    When iPad has an SD slot and a USB slot talk to me about it being "da bomb". Until then it is a great piece of equipment with unacceptable and unnecessary limitations.

    I will state you are out numbered. The rest of the world disagrees with you but that's ok Why don't we put a DVD or Blue ray drive in to the iPad add Ethernet and keyboard while we are going oh and a mouse . Oh I forgot that is a laptop.

    What you need is a pc laptop or net computer take your pick then you can deal with the limitations of those products. In 8 months I have had absolutely no need for USB standalone port on the iPad. I own a sd card adapter and it works fine transferring Picts from my camera. Considering I backup may be weekly using a USB cable supplied by Apple I do not see the point of your discussion. If it is about mounting 3 tb drive off the iPad you have the wrong product. There are many ways to expand the iPad storage without adding ports.
    Cheers Colin,
    Administrator
    Brisbane Australia
    Certified Apple Product Professional
    _____________________________


    iPad User Guide
    Forum Rules. Please Read.
    Hacking Section Rules

  4. #123
    iPF Super Guru
    Member #
    7401
    Liked
    8 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvntravln View Post
    When iPad has an SD slot and a USB slot talk to me about it being "da bomb". Until then it is a great piece of equipment with unacceptable and unnecessary limitations.
    Since the lack of those features make it unacceptable, you'll be selling yours, right?

  5. #124
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by col.bris

    I will state you are out numbered. The rest of the world disagrees with you but that's ok Why don't we put a DVD or Blue ray drive in to the iPad add Ethernet and keyboard while we are going oh and a mouse . Oh I forgot that is a laptop.

    What you need is a pc laptop or net computer take your pick then you can deal with the limitations of those products. In 8 months I have had absolutely no need for USB standalone port on the iPad. I own a sd card adapter and it works fine transferring Picts from my camera. Considering I backup may be weekly using a USB cable supplied by Apple I do not see the point of your discussion. If it is about mounting 3 tb drive off the iPad you have the wrong product. There are many ways to expand the iPad storage without adding ports.
    Couldn't agree more. USB isn't needed on the iPad. Besides a keyboard, what would you physically connect to it? That's what Bluetooth keyboards are for. An external hdd? But you're already backing up to your computer's hard drive when you sync and update your ipad. A mouse? Let's not get ridiculous here. BD drive? If it's a movie why not just use your Netflix account and stream it? Maybe doing all those things with the iPad would be cool, but then you'd be toting around a bunch of crap so you might as well just use a laptop instead.

    To be honest, though, an SD slot WOULD be nice to have. Using a dongle is so '90s and rather a bulky, sometimes inconvenient, means to transfer images from a camera via SD or cable. Especially if you're like me in that you frequently work with DSLR images on your iPad in the field. It's fine for most folks who casually do this. The dongles are yet another thing to tote around. Now, if my camera (Canon DSLR) had WiFi, maybe this could change all that and the connection kit would pretty much go unused except for as a backup method? I'll have to look into getting one of those EyeFi (I think that's what they call them) cards that combine memory and provide WiFi, providing there is enough capacity. Document support from an SD would be nice, too. But then I see where potential for malware infection rises.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  6. #125
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmedic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by col.bris

    I will state you are out numbered. The rest of the world disagrees with you but that's ok Why don't we put a DVD or Blue ray drive in to the iPad add Ethernet and keyboard while we are going oh and a mouse . Oh I forgot that is a laptop.

    What you need is a pc laptop or net computer take your pick then you can deal with the limitations of those products. In 8 months I have had absolutely no need for USB standalone port on the iPad. I own a sd card adapter and it works fine transferring Picts from my camera. Considering I backup may be weekly using a USB cable supplied by Apple I do not see the point of your discussion. If it is about mounting 3 tb drive off the iPad you have the wrong product. There are many ways to expand the iPad storage without adding ports.
    Couldn't agree more. USB isn't needed on the iPad. Besides a keyboard, what would you physically connect to it? That's what Bluetooth keyboards are for. An external hdd? But you're already backing up to your computer's hard drive when you sync and update your ipad. A mouse? Let's not get ridiculous here. BD drive? If it's a movie why not just use your Netflix account and stream it? Maybe doing all those things with the iPad would be cool, but then you'd be toting around a bunch of crap so you might as well just use a laptop instead.

    To be honest, though, an SD slot WOULD be nice to have. Using a dongle is so '90s and rather a bulky, sometimes inconvenient, means to transfer images from a camera via SD or cable. Especially if you're like me in that you frequently work with DSLR images on your iPad in the field. It's fine for most folks who casually do this. The dongles are yet another thing to tote around. Now, if my camera (Canon DSLR) had WiFi, maybe this could change all that and the connection kit would pretty much go unused except for as a backup method? I'll have to look into getting one of those EyeFi (I think that's what they call them) cards that combine memory and provide WiFi, providing there is enough capacity. Document support from an SD would be nice, too. But then I see where potential for malware infection rises.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
    I'm now actually considering grabbing a 32GB 3G iPad 2 to replace my 64GB iPad.....since I got my iPhone I don't have ANY music or movies stored locally...because of 3G I can listen to my entire music collection from my home computer, and watch movies on netflix and hulu.

  7. #126
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlefury

    I'm now actually considering grabbing a 32GB 3G iPad 2 to replace my 64GB iPad.....since I got my iPhone I don't have ANY music or movies stored locally...because of 3G I can listen to my entire music collection from my home computer, and watch movies on netflix and hulu.
    Yep, there you go. 3G comes in very handy. The ONLY time I use WiFi is at home. 3G may be slower but definitely safer when I'm out and about. Plus, no need for searching for good WiFi spots. It's just...BAM , it's on and I'm watching a basketball game while eating shrimp at Panda Express.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  8. #127
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    1474
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Marietta, GA - USA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    In an interesting report this morning, a reputable Android app developer was shocked to find out that one of his apps was pulled by Google with no notice. he only found out because his royalties stopped coming in. When he tried to find out why, Google would not discuss it with him, and when he did get someone to talk, he was told he violated some rule, but not what rule, and that if he complained too much, or did it again, all his apps would be pulled. Talk about heavy handed! He is getting a coalition of android app developers together to force Google to listen to them.
    Google pulled a ton of apps after they found about .26 million Android users were infected with 'THE MOTHER OF ALL MALWARE' that took over their phones by rooting them after downloading apps from the Android Marketplace in a review that began March 1, 2011


    Google is using their own secret back door exploit they built into Android to root infected phones remotely so they can 'repair them'.

    I am not comfortable with any ft this and I wonder if Android will ever be a really safe and secure platform. This could kill you if there was any really secrete or confidential information on your Android.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  9. #128
    Banned
    Member #
    10565
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    1,251
    Yeah, like all those other posters said, ipad 1 & 2 are da bomb..lmao.
    There are work arojnds for most ipad limitations. Thats why i jailbroke n got ifiles. With that, i can do anything as far as fi,e transfers or whatever without needing itunes. U want movies, netflix n xfinity app are great at streaming those things! I have camera connection kit and ifiles makes better use of that vs. Stock ipad. I love not needing to sync up to itunes unless acking up n upgrading os. Goodreader would also be ur best friend also. Luv da wrkarounds!

  10. #129
    Banned
    Member #
    10565
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    1,251
    To the top! Ipad2 is onlya few days away. what u gonna do?

  11. #130
    Banned
    Member #
    37029
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    If you're not in the US and can't wait until March 25th to get your iPad 2, visit Buy Apple iPad 2 Now - We Ship Worldwide - Buy iPad 2 Worldwide : you can preorder your iPad and have it shipped to you on March 11th.

    For a limited time we offer 5% discount on the price by using coupon code "500". Number of coupons is limited so hurry up!


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Some Teaser Details About Tomorrow’s iPad 2 Launch
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:03 PM
  2. New to iPad. the only apple product I have ever owned
    By Immalone in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 05:11 PM
  3. iPad memory details
    By ipadquestions in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
  4. Questions regarding previous owned apps
    By kylefei in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 11:16 PM
  5. Adding new files/apps to pre-owned iPad
    By calico in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Search tags for this page

how many inbuilt memory does ipad2 63g have

,

how much memory for apps on ipad 2

,

how much ram does the xoom have?

,

ipad gift middle east

,

xdawireless tether bluetooth

,

xoom true gps

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread