Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Apple iPad 2 - Big deal or not?

This is a discussion on Apple iPad 2 - Big deal or not? within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; If the drastic rate that the battery drains when watching youtube on the ipad is any indication of the true cost of flash, you can ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 184
  1. #81
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    34996
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19
    If the drastic rate that the battery drains when watching youtube on the ipad is any indication of the true cost of flash, you can keep flash, I don't need it.

    what I do need in an IPAD 2 is some way to transfer files quickly. At this point I don't even care what it is, ssd, usb, whatever. Would I prefer light-peak yes, do I have to have it to get and Ipad 2, no.

    I'm definitely not waiting on the 3, cause for all we know it may lose functions that we like, who knows.

  2. Ads


  3. #82
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    14887
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by FileSpnr View Post
    If the drastic rate that the battery drains when watching youtube on the ipad is any indication of the true cost of flash, you can keep flash, I don't need it.
    How could it be? It isn't using Flash. I guess that shows the drastic rate of battery drain when viewing HTML5 video content on the iPad though.
    Last edited by DaveSt; 03-01-2011 at 10:38 AM.

  4. #83
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1583
    Liked
    52 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,522
    I do believe we have a couple of trolls posting. It is a pity that some people have to knock what they cannot afford, or expect the world to comply with their narrow interests.

  5. #84
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    5787
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,282
    Quick turn over more stones!

  6. #85
    Banned
    Member #
    10565
    Liked
    21 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandarin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis590 View Post
    I am an avid mac owner and user. I have 2 iphones, a macbook pro, an imac and a power mac. I have converted dozens of friends and family to apple. But believe it or not....I am using a galaxy tab as a tablet! I love the 7 inch format, and I love that I can do what I want with it. I can access, send, share, download, unzip, overwrite, delete, replace...... oh and all that from a sd card or internal memory. Listen....I love apple, but I do get frustrated in how apple releases its products. They add a feature or 2 to an existing format and they make you think they have revolutionized the world! LG is releasing a tablet that films in 3d for petes sake!!! We are supposed to get exited about march 2nd because the square ipad is going to have a front facing camera...and maybe a camera on the back! I bet the screen format hasnt changed to 16:10 either. How about you at least give us 2 cameras, sd storage, a flash, a hd fitted screen and usb like most other android tablets! I think apple has some serious homework to do with all that is going on in tablet technology at the moment. My 800 bucks is headed towards the xoom!

    Read more: Apple iPad 2 to reportedly feature anti-reflection display | The Apple iPad Fan
    Original galxy tab is a Fail. Runs exact same apps that any old android phone can run. There are no tablet only oriented apps for it. It wont even be able to upgrade to new android honeycomb os because of its specs comstraints. Samsung already dumped 1st. Generation tab. Now the new 10.1 in. Tab comin out might be halfway decent. Why? Its gonna have honeycomb os on it and beefed up specs. Sorry bud, galxy tab sucks...lmao
    Why is ipad so great then? We have over 35,000 or 350,000 tablet specific apps for the ipad. Its one of those numbers. Xoom already released n has like less thn 10 android tablet specific apps. Apps make the device n world go round. If u dont have decent apps n a bunch of them, you fail..lol!
    I agree with Marquis590. The android tablets are way ahead of apple and the ipad. So much more freedom and possibilities. Also so many more built in hardware options and advanced technology. The fact that every major carrier is offering the Tab not only for different prices up front but also with different monthly data plan options means that competition is working in its favor. Also Android 2.2, aka Froyo, comes installed in-box. Although you say there are no tablet oriented apps for the galaxy (which there are at least 10 000) This means we can use Flash Player 10.1 on our Tabs and enjoy plenty of videos and websites that we normally can visit on the computer but not on our iphones and ipads. Seriously Apple....no flash support! And as far as performance goes, the A8 1 GHz processor with 512 MB RAM and powerful SGX540 GPU does a greater job than apples 1ghz and 256 mb ram on the ipad. I am also a mac user. I love apple computing. However I too will opt for the motorola xoom as soon as it becomes available on the gsm network unless apple comes out with somthing that is at least up to par with the new xoom and galaxy 10.1. If apple would remove the many restrictions associated to itunes and give people more freedom to roam within their devices and build a slate that has all the options the android tablets have, ..they could seriously win over the tablet market. But for now, like Marquis590 mentions, with a non friendly and anti hd square 4:3 display, no cameras, no usb, no sd, no flash, no flash support etc. Apple has a long way to go before they can be back in the leading game of tablet technology.
    HUH! I see u must be n la la land. Plz pass whatever u are smokin to the left hand side..lol. For starters where n da hell is it stated Xoom Android honeycomb has 10,000 tablet "only" apps yets? fAIl cuz thats not even remotely true. Yeah android has over that many regular mobile phone apps BUT nOT tablet apps. Secondly, yeah, the xoom has great specs. I love the hardware side of it BUT that doesnt mean Jack if u dont have software or apps that make use of it. Apps make the tablet market go round. Thats why apple has over 1 billion app dowmloads. Thats why apple ipad did so well despite the restrictions. N android is not ahead odf apple. I cant believe im defending apple cuz i use to hate them, but facts are facts. People think just because a month or two or three android sells more n their on top. FAIL!!! What market goes by is overall. Overall, apple has sold more thn anyone in recent times. Dont get me wrong, i really like android also but it still has a looooong way to go b4 catching up to apple success. Apple is so ahead of the game its stupid. Apple is like a monopoply, the modern day windows/ bill gates. Nuff said, NEXT! Lol

  7. #86
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    19947
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    I do believe we have a couple of trolls posting. It is a pity that some people have to knock what they cannot afford, or expect the world to comply with their narrow interests.
    I think they are knocking something that, in their opinion, isn't worth spending X amount of money on when their original iPad is only a year old and will still perform the vast majority of the new iPad's features.

    I would knock the new iPad if I had waited for a year for only a few new features. But that's the way apple upgrades their products and it works for them.
    iPad 2 Owner

  8. #87
    Banned
    Member #
    12904
    Liked
    35 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC USA
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by sundancer

    I agree with Marquis590. The android tablets are way ahead of apple and the ipad. So much more freedom and possibilities. Also so many more built in hardware options and advanced technology. The fact that every major carrier is offering the Tab not only for different prices up front but also with different monthly data plan options means that competition is working in its favor. Also Android 2.2, aka Froyo, comes installed in-box. Although you say there are no tablet oriented apps for the galaxy (which there are at least 10 000) This means we can use Flash Player 10.1 on our Tabs and enjoy plenty of videos and websites that we normally can visit on the computer but not on our iphones and ipads. Seriously Apple....no flash support! And as far as performance goes, the A8 1 GHz processor with 512 MB RAM and powerful SGX540 GPU does a greater job than apples 1ghz and 256 mb ram on the ipad. I am also a mac user. I love apple computing. However I too will opt for the motorola xoom as soon as it becomes available on the gsm network unless apple comes out with somthing that is at least up to par with the new xoom and galaxy 10.1. If apple would remove the many restrictions associated to itunes and give people more freedom to roam within their devices and build a slate that has all the options the android tablets have, ..they could seriously win over the tablet market. But for now, like Marquis590 mentions, with a non friendly and anti hd square 4:3 display, no cameras, no usb, no sd, no flash, no flash support etc. Apple has a long way to go before they can be back in the leading game of tablet technology.
    Guess what? The xoom doesn't have flash for a while.

  9. #88
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    14887
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by grayshark95 View Post

    Guess what? The xoom doesn't have flash for a while.
    Actually to be fair, the Xoom has Flash right now. All you have to do is go to the market and install Flash 10.1. What it doesn't have is version 10.2 optimized for Honeycomb.

  10. #89
    Banned
    Member #
    12904
    Liked
    35 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC USA
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandarin

    HUH! I see u must be n la la land. Plz pass whatever u are smokin to the left hand side..lol. For starters where n da hell is it stated Xoom Android honeycomb has 10,000 tablet "only" apps yets? fAIl cuz thats not even remotely true. Yeah android has over that many regular mobile phone apps BUT nOT tablet apps. Secondly, yeah, the xoom has great specs. I love the hardware side of it BUT that doesnt mean Jack if u dont have software or apps that make use of it. Apps make the tablet market go round. Thats why apple has over 1 billion app dowmloads. Thats why apple ipad did so well despite the restrictions. N android is not ahead odf apple. I cant believe im defending apple cuz i use to hate them, but facts are facts. People think just because a month or two or three android sells more n their on top. FAIL!!! What market goes by is overall. Overall, apple has sold more thn anyone in recent times. Dont get me wrong, i really like android also but it still has a looooong way to go b4 catching up to apple success. Apple is so ahead of the game its stupid. Apple is like a monopoply, the modern day windows/ bill gates. Nuff said, NEXT! Lol
    Totally agree with you! Android doesn't have many apps for tablets yet and all the ones for the tabs, only scale up the apps, instead of making use of all that extra space that a big screen offers buy adding more features. (oh wait, the galaxy doesn't have very much screen space. Never mind. Only 7 inches. Oh well.)

  11. #90
    Banned
    Member #
    12904
    Liked
    35 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC USA
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSt

    Actually to be fair, the Xoom has Flash right now. All you have to do is go to the market and install Flash 10.1. What it doesn't have is version 10.2 optimized for Honeycomb.
    Everything on iPad comes in the box. You don't have to go to the app store to download safari do you? You can use all the features on the iPad without the app store.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. What's the deal with Flash?
    By Dustin in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 04:59 AM
  2. Apple website update: breakthrough deal...
    By CNY in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:43 PM
  3. Apple & Samsung Ink Deal
    By lp1968 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
  4. Apple strikes again - Major Textbook Deal
    By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Search tags for this page

a replacement for ipad 2 is a good deal or not
,
apple ipad 2 big deal or not
,
battery drain rate on ipad 2
,
charger scratches ipad
,

ipad 2 deal

,
ipad 2 no flash is it a big deal
,

is flash player that big of a deal on ipad

,

no flash on ipad abig deal?

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread