Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Problem with Access to App Store

This is a discussion on Problem with Access to App Store within the iPad 2 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I am currently unable to access APP store to update Aps or update settings. After I log in the Ipad notes waiting and after some ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    163273
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    10

    Problem with Access to App Store

    I am currently unable to access APP store to update Aps or update settings. After I log in the Ipad notes waiting and after some time states no access available. I have access to my emails and the internet. Help appreciated
    Georcall

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Try closing the App Store in the multitask bar, then restarting it.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  4. #3
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    163273
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    10
    Sorry Kev but how do I do this. Your reply appreciated.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Sorry

    4 finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar

    Long press on any app until a red minus sign appears

    Touch the minus sign on any app you want to close (what you are doing here is removing it from memory and forcing it to start from the beginning instead of from where it was suspended)

    Swipe down the screen to return to normal


    Touch the App Store icon to try again.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  6. #5
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    163273
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    10
    Problem solved - Turned Ipad off and on again - access restored. Thanks

  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Georcall
    Problem solved - Turned Ipad off and on again - access restored. Thanks
    That can often work, but its worth remembering that a hung up app will start in the hung state even after a power off. Starting the app from scratch is often the only way out.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  8. #7
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1519 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,430
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS View Post
    That can often work, but its worth remembering that a hung up app will start in the hung state even after a power off. Starting the app from scratch is often the only way out.
    Pretty sure it won't. Powering down removes all apps from RAM, forcing a clean start. The only difference is the list, and the list is nothing but a list. I'm not aware of any instance where a power down and removing the app from RAM made a difference. One is simply more convenient than the other if only one app is misbehaving.

    I admit that I've only tested a few apps, but as near as I can tell an app that remembers it's last state does so wether your clear it from the multitask bar, restart the iPad, or do a reset. Those that start clean, also behave exactly the same in all three cases. I remember reading something in multitask behavior that said the developer was responsible for saving app state when an app closes; so that makes sense.

    I've also done restarts, then monitored the RAM while clearing the list. Any difference in RAM was too small to see over the normal fluctuations in RAM use.

    But if you've got information to the contrary, I'd love to see it. I'm open to being wrong.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by twerppoet

    Pretty sure it won't. Powering down removes all apps from RAM, forcing a clean start. The only difference is the list, and the list is nothing but a list. I'm not aware of any instance where a power down and removing the app from RAM made a difference. One is simply more convenient than the other if only one app is misbehaving.

    I admit that I've only tested a few apps, but as near as I can tell an app that remembers it's last state does so wether your clear it from the multitask bar, restart the iPad, or do a reset. Those that start clean, also behave exactly the same in all three cases. I remember reading something in multitask behavior that said the developer was responsible for saving app state when an app closes; so that makes sense.

    I've also done restarts, then monitored the RAM while clearing the list. Any difference in RAM was too small to see over the normal fluctuations in RAM use.

    But if you've got information to the contrary, I'd love to see it. I'm open to being wrong.
    Looks like you're right, TP. I just rebooted with 5 apps in memory. All of them restarted after the reboot. Safari remembered which pages were open, but reloaded them.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  10. #9
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1519 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,430
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS View Post
    Looks like you're right, TP. I just rebooted with 5 apps in memory. All of them restarted after the reboot. Safari remembered which pages were open, but reloaded them.
    The iWorks apps remember what you had open too, but you can tell it's reloading them by how long it takes.

    My general rule is, if it's just one app, I kill it in the Multitask bar. It's quicker. If the entire iPad seems sluggish, I do the restart. Or if I haven't restarted in a while and can spare the time, restart.

    Once in a blue moon I'll empty the Multitask Bar. This is mostly about being able to look and see what apps I've been using. If I haven't killed the multitask bar in a couple of months, any app that isn't in it is a primary candidate for deletion the next time storage gets a bit cramped.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Could not access iTunes store
    By rjnsaravanan in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM
  2. Can't Access App Store.
    By garymurning in forum UK Dedicated iPad Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 03:58 AM
  3. US iTunes store access.
    By Geoff_nz in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 03:31 AM
  4. App store cannot access TRAILERS on ipad.
    By iRuthlessPad in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 06:15 AM
  5. access to US store
    By mgalrinho in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 10:33 AM

Search tags for this page

access problem to search at app store
,
app store access problems
,

app store problems ipad 2 2013

,
having problems accessing app store on ipad
,
problem accessing app store for ipads
,
problems accesing app store
,

problems accessing app store

,
problems accessing app store in settings
Click on a term to search for related topics.