I would like to get rid of my dinosaur laptop and just use my iPad exclusively. Here is what I will need:
- Something that would allow me to save everything from my external hard drive (Apple's Camera Adapter maybe?)
- Apps that would allow me to open and edit documents in: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Money
- An app in which I can open and edit photos and scans saved in Adobe Photoshop
- A pdf reader and editor
- Something that would allow me to make desktop folders and save docs within those folders
- An email program that would allow me to save emails into desktop folders (as far as I can see, I can't do this w/ Gmail, and Thunderbird doesn't work on the iPad)
- An Airprint printer
- A HIPAA-complaint cloud
I'll still have a PC (laptop and/or desktop) at home but nothing at work, where I will be doing most of the above.
I know this is a tall order perhaps. Anyone else done this? Suggestions for apps? Hardware? Precautions? Am I forgetting anything? Is this even possible?