I have an older iPad that I recently did a complete reset on. Now neither my computer nor iTunes (most up to date version) recognizes that it's plugged in to the USB port. I ran diagnostics via iTunes and it says that no iPad is found either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. I have fully recharged the iPad. I have rebooted my laptop. All to no avail. I know the USB ports all work because I can plug other devices into them and they work fine. I also tried the following:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes
- Stopped and started Apple Mobile Device Service
- Tried with a different USB cord
- Tried with an iPhone 4 and that device works fine, even with using the same USB cord as I tried with the iPad
- iPad receives a charge from the AC adapter using the same cord that I tried with both the iPad and the iPhone.
Please help. I really need to get this iPad working again.