Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ios 5.1

This is a discussion on Ios 5.1 within the iPad 1 Forum forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I noticed that my iPhone connects to my Verizon Mobile Hot Spot much faster. Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ios 5.1

  1. #21
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    111797
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    307
    I noticed that my iPhone connects to my Verizon Mobile Hot Spot much faster.

    Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    3636
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    164
    Mine will not update over the air. Any of you having trouble with this???
    Mary iPad 1 64G 3G and iPad mini 16 GB owner
    PJ iPad 1 64G 3G owner

  4. #23
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    174953
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding
    Mine will not update over the air. Any of you having trouble with this???
    I've been trying to update to 5.1 but all I get is a "checking for update..." notice that goes on for a minute or two and then it says it cannot update. Previously, before the 5.1 release it said that I have the latest version. What's up with that? I'm thinking it cold be because of my geographical location which is Pakistan. Maybe Apple hasn't quite gotten around to offer updates for this part of the world yet.

    Sent from my iPad original using iPF

  5. #24
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    111797
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding
    Mine will not update over the air. Any of you having trouble with this???
    My iPad 1 and iPhone 4s updated wirelessly perfectly.

    Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

  6. #25
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    163459
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SaintLouis Missouri
    Posts
    43
    I took the leap. Needed 5x to run Airport Utility only to find out that it does little to nothing. I had the impression it let you see and adjust router settings from the IP2 but it only shows the router settings in little bitty windows. Had I known that was all it did I would have not gone through all the trouble of upgrading to 5x.
    Had my pad all set up, took for ever to do the update because my modem kept dropping signal. Lost some Apps with the update and I'm still figuring out what didn't come back after it was done.
    Still looks the same and works the same. Seriously, I don't see that enough changed that it all couldn't have been done with a OTA update or two.
    Question? Does Apple use OTA updates or do they all have to be done through a pc and cable?

    Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androidfonefan; 03-12-2012 at 09:27 AM.

  7. #26
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidfonefan View Post
    I took the leap. Needed 5x to run Airport Utility only to find out that it does little to nothing. I had the impression it let you see and adjust router settings from the IP2 but it only shows the router settings in little bitty windows. Had I known that was all it did I would have not gone through all the trouble of upgrading to 5x.
    Had my pad all set up, took for ever to do the update because my modem kept dropping signal. Lost some Apps with the update and I'm still figuring out what didn't come back after it was done.
    Still looks the same and works the same. Seriously, I don't see that enough changed that it all couldn't have been done with a OTA update or two.
    Question? Does Apple use OTA updates or do they all have to be done through a pc and cable?

    Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk
    OTA updates are available to users who'd updated to iOS 5 previously.

    This update didn't offer much for most. (Battery fix for some seemed like the main thing, but forum users are reporting no change or diminished battery, it seems.)

    It wasn't advertised as a feature, but some users (me included) have noticed fewer Safari and other app crashes since IOS 5.1. After upgrading to iOS 5, some had experienced frequent RAM-related crashes.

    I've had minor probs with updates in past (apps being scrambled, iBooks being deleted) but this upgrade was quick and pain free for me OTA on five iDevices, plus my husband's iPhone.

  8. #27
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    163459
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SaintLouis Missouri
    Posts
    43
    Ok, I guess the update I had before was not 5.1 because I just got it and installed OTA.
    Must have been 5. Something though because Airport Utility needed the update to work.

  9. #28
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    79622
    Liked
    10 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pelican Island, NJ
    Posts
    296
    If your iPad is Jailbroken, it won't be able to OTA update. Maybe this is why a few of your are unable to update?
    ~~32GB iPad3~~16GB iPad1~~80GB iPod Classic~~iPhone 5s~~

  10. #29
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    112875
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bressler, PA
    Posts
    21
    My battery life seems to be worse after the update to 5.1. I have reset using the lock button and home button, and it still seems to be going through the battery much quicker.

  11. #30
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
    My battery life seems to be worse after the update to 5.1. I have reset using the lock button and home button, and it still seems to be going through the battery much quicker.
    Try draining your battery and charging to 100 percent in case your battery indicator is acting up.

    Apple recommends draining once a month to keep the indicator accurate. Maybe the firmware upgrade has scrambled the indicator.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

how to speed up ipad 1
,

ios 5.1

,
ios 5.1 dropping wifi
,

ios 5.1 ipad 1 speed

,

ios 5.1 speed

,
ipad 1 5.1 faster
,
ipad 1 faster with 5.1
,

ipad 1 faster with ios 5.1

,
ipad 1 ios 5.1 speed
,
ipad1 ios 5.1.1 speed
,
ipad2 speed ios5.1
,

speed up ipad 1

Click on a term to search for related topics.