Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

IOS 7 problems

This is a discussion on IOS 7 problems within the iOS 7 forums, part of the iPad OS category; Originally Posted by Hayles66 Great I now have iTunes Match which is fab but it kept playing the wrong song to what it displayed. I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 208
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: IOS 7 problems

  1. #61
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1526 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayles66 View Post
    Great I now have iTunes Match which is fab but it kept playing the wrong song to what it displayed. I reset which worked.
    I was seriously considering getting iTunes Match, just to avoid the iTunes Radio ads, but so far the ads have been infrequent, well done, and usually relevant to the channel I was listening to.

  2. Ads


  3. #62
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    215920
    Liked
    85 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Mids, UK
    Posts
    469
    Just an update, all. I am getting there with the new IOS thanks mainly to the support and advice on here together with Apple service. Faith is gradually being restored!
    Mike
    twerppoet, Mickey330 and J. A. like this.
    Blaugrana forever

  4. #63
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1526 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Barçamad View Post
    Just an update, all. I am getting there with the new IOS thanks mainly to the support and advice on here together with Apple service. Faith is gradually being restored!
    Mike
    Thanks for the update. Glad things are coming together for you.

  5. #64
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1447 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,055
    Quote Originally Posted by twerppoet View Post
    I was seriously considering getting iTunes Match, just to avoid the iTunes Radio ads, but so far the ads have been infrequent, well done, and usually relevant to the channel I was listening to.
    I am loving iTunes Radio.

    And, I haven't really noticed the ads. Guess I am so used to hearing ads on a regular radio station that I don't hear them here, either. Also, and it may be just me, but they seem to be softer than the music. But shhhhh, don't tell Apple's advertisers I said that!

    But, I do like the music offered. One of my favorite parts of this iOS 7 (and, having it work on my Windows PC and my AppleTV is a definite bonus!).

    Marilyn
    Last edited by Mickey330; 09-22-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Argh! Darn homophones! :)
    J. A. likes this.
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  6. #65
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1447 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Barçamad View Post
    Just an update, all. I am getting there with the new IOS thanks mainly to the support and advice on here together with Apple service. Faith is gradually being restored!
    Mike
    Oh, and meant to say: I am glad this is getting sorted for you (albeit slowly). I hope things really settle down soon for you and you can go back to "just using" (and enjoying) your iPad.

    Always remember, we are here to lend a hand, or to just offer a sympathetic ear.

    Marilyn
    J. A. and Barçamad like this.
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  7. #66
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    15181
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    93
    Anyone else notice how laggy iOS 7 is?

  8. #67
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    29602
    Liked
    37 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
    Anyone else notice how laggy iOS 7 is?
    Yes I have, do a hard reset, should help, but it won't be as fluid as ios6, maybe after a ios7 update

    London, UK
    Barçamad likes this.
    iPad 3 Retina, 16gb wifi only
    iPhone 4s 16gb white
    13 inch Macbook Pro i5
    Apple Airport Express

  9. #68
    Lunar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
    Anyone else notice how laggy iOS 7 is?
    I did notice how laggy iOS7 is, I played with it for 2 days, but quickly decided this wasn't for me, so I was one of the lucky ones who managed to revert back to v6.1.3 before Apple closed the door.

    I did some speed tests with our 2nd iPad and the new iOS was slower in many of the tests, scrolling in safari was definately more jerky, and parts of the OS were really bad such as the change wallpaper option, or using the camera. Also the big no no for me was the fact the colours or should that be lack of colours made things harder to read, turning on bold text and enabling contrast seemed to help as did choosing a dark background, its always worth trying a reset too after a firmware install but TBH it was still poor compared to v6.1.3.

    Sadly I wont be upgrading again until it's all been sorted out, infact I'm happy to leave it on 6.1.3 indefinately if need be, but hopefully Apple will sort out the issues, and sack the colour blind guy and get some colour back into the operating system again, or give us some options to set personal colours. Most people know that trying to see white text on a white background is not very readable, but someone needs to tell Apple.

    I'm amazed that beta testers never voiced these concerns back to Apple during the testing stages, as they are so blatently obvious, my home screen looked absolutely rubbish, icons look far worse, with just a plain grey bar across the bottom, it may look okay on phones, but it's a step backwards on iPads IMO...looks wise anyway.
    Last edited by Lunar; 09-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Good karma likes this.

  10. #69
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    215920
    Liked
    85 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Mids, UK
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I did notice how laggy iOS7 is, I played with it for 2 days, but quickly decided this wasn't for me, so I was one of the lucky ones who managed to revert back to v6.1.3 before Apple closed the door.

    I did some speed tests with our 2nd iPad and the new iOS was slower in many of the tests, scrolling in safari was definately more jerky, and parts of the OS were really bad such as the change wallpaper option, or using the camera. Also the big no no for me was the fact the colours or should that be lack of colours made things harder to read, turning on bold text and enabling contrast seemed to help as did choosing a dark background, its always worth trying a reset too after a firmware install but TBH it was still poor compared to v6.1.3.

    Sadly I wont be upgrading again until it's all been sorted out, infact I'm happy to leave it on 6.1.3 indefinately if need be, but hopefully Apple will sort out the issues, and sack the colour blind guy and get some colour back into the operating system again, or give us some options to set personal colours. Most people know that trying to see white text on a white background is not very readable, but someone needs to tell Apple.

    I'm amazed that beta testers never voiced these concerns back to Apple during the testing stages, as they are so blatently obvious, my home screen looked absolutely rubbish, icons look far worse, with just a plain grey bar across the bottom, it may look okay on phones, but it's a step backwards on iPads IMO...looks wise anyway.
    Nice article and one which makes some good observations.

    I am now adjusting to life post 6.1.3 and things have improved somewhat. I still feel that I have been a Beta tester as the new IOS was awkward to get to grips with initially, so many negatives. Your point re. Beta testers is valid indeed! Whoever they were they either did a very poor job or Apple tended to ignore their findings for whatever reason, I really don't know. What I do know is that some of the glitches are glaringly obvious and wonder how they could have been missed at all. Back to the testers for that one.

    All in all, things are becoming better but after this experience, I ask myself what is the point of having Beta testers if we, on this forum, have to identify new IOS issues and present solutions?

    If anyone on here was a Beta tester for this IOS please give us some idea what could have happened.

    Mike
    Last edited by Barçamad; 09-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Blaugrana forever

  11. #70
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    6928
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Barçamad View Post
    Nice article and one which makes some good observations.

    I am now adjusting to life post 6.1.3 and things have improved somewhat. I still feel that I have been a Beta tester as the new IOS was awkward to get to grips with initially, so many negatives. Your point re. Beta testers is valid indeed! Whoever they were they either did a very poor job or Apple tended to ignore their findings for whatever reason, I really don't know. What I do know is that some of the glitches are glaringly obvious and wonder how they could have been missed at all. Back to the testers for that one.

    All in all, things are becoming better but after this experience, I ask myself what is the point of having Beta testers if we, on this forum, have to identify new IOS issues and present solutions?

    If anyone on here was a Beta tester for this IOS please give us some idea what could have happened.

    Mike
    I followed the beta phase and there WAS plenty of complaints, about the icons, colors, performance. Some hated it, some felt it was ok once you get used to it. Mostly people were resigned ios needed a change and this was how it was going to be. beta testers tend to be loyalists. The fact that they had mixed feelings told you something.

    Apple did address some issues, like the bold text option in accessibility. But they mostly just stuck to their guns.

    Beta testers also thought ios 7 wasn't ready for the iPad and we would not see it on the iPad until the new iPads are released.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. 6.1.3 problems
    By NickH in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
  2. Some problems
    By majkannan in forum Indian Dedicated iPad Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM
  3. App problems
    By jbebb in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
  4. Problems
    By apls64 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
  5. iOS 4.2 to 3.2.2 problems
    By Zertuz in forum iPad OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 11:24 AM

Search tags for this page

cannot shoot video on ipad ios 7
,
ios 7 problems ipad
,

ipad ios 7 problems

,
ipad os 7 update problems
,
ipad problems with ios 7
,
it experts problems found with the apple ios 7
,
nj.com freezes on ipad
,
problems with ios 7 ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.