Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

What probs am i facing? my ipad2 on ios5, son updated ipodt4g to 6, share pc

This is a discussion on What probs am i facing? my ipad2 on ios5, son updated ipodt4g to 6, share pc within the iOS 6 forums, part of the iPad OS category; Hi to all, just joined, posted in the nee members area with a hint at my problem. hoping you all can help me.... my 13 ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Noob
    Member #

What probs am i facing? my ipad2 on ios5, son updated ipodt4g to 6, share pc

Hi to all, just joined, posted in the nee members area with a hint at my problem. hoping you all can help me....

my 13 y.o. and i share a laptop to sync itunes, he updated to 6, even tho i had asked him to wait, i am still at 5.1.1 on ipad2.... i have not had time the past few months to read up on 6, heard earlier grumblings this fall, so didn't rush into it....

now that i see all the problems with 6, I have looked to see about downgrading him to 5.. but honestly, i don't understand all the "shsh blob" stuff...

i guess what i want to know right now is ... what problems am I going to have with us both on a shared pc laptop? not sure the version of itunes...he is wanting to upgrade itunes, but I don't want to do anything that is going to mess up my ipad... any ideas or advice???? THX
    Last edited by ipad.fl; 12-30-2012 at 10:48 PM.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    575 times
    First thing, there is no way now to downgrade to iOS 5. Saving blobs could only be done for about 48 hours after iOS 6 was released. So as its now impossible, best thing is to forget about it.

Second, iTunes 11 is a great improvement, IMO, so I'd recommend updating it. If you don't like it, you can always go back to an earlier version, so no worries there.

If iOS 6 is working for your son, there is nothing to worry about. There have been issues with network connectivity and a couple of other things, but the updates to 6.0.1 and 6.0.2, depending on hardware, should have sorted these out.

As I said in your other thread, if you want to stick to iOS 5, there is nothing to stop you. iTunes will recognize the device that is attached. It may bug you to update but you can ignore the reminder safely. I have 4 devices synced to iTunes, and never have problems.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links