Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Complaints on ios6

This is a discussion on Complaints on ios6 within the iOS 6 forums, part of the iPad OS category; Originally Posted by imranbecks Just like some of us here, I updated my iPad a few days ago to the IOS 6 after it prompt ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Complaints on ios6

Member #
    Liked
    1419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks
    Just like some of us here, I updated my iPad a few days ago to the IOS 6 after it prompt me to update. My mistake was that I updated it without checking first as to the pros and cons of the latest IOS. No more google maps, no more YouTube app. Damn. Please tell me I'm not the only here that regrets updating to IOS 6....

They are in dispute with Google and its us the consumers that lose out in the end. I really hope Apple will be doing something to improve on this failure that is the IOS 6.
    You can be sure that Apple will address any bugs and glitches present in iOS 6 by the same system of updates as used in previous versions of iOS.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

2. Ads

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times

Complaints on ios6

Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
    Just like some of us here, I updated my iPad a few days ago to the IOS 6 after it prompt me to update. My mistake was that I updated it without checking first as to the pros and cons of the latest IOS. No more google maps, no more YouTube app. Damn. Please tell me I'm not the only here that regrets updating to IOS 6....

They are in dispute with Google and its us the consumers that lose out in the end. I really hope Apple will be doing something to improve on this failure that is the IOS 6.
    You can still use Google Maps thru Safari. They are also promising a native app before the end of the year.

Jasmine is a nice YouTube client you can download today while waiting to see what google releases there as well.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    The App Store keeps crashing on me.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My ipad3 has lost a lot of it's smoothness since the update. Actually very similar to when I updated my ipad1 from IOS4 to 5.
    Scrolling lists has become jittery, There's a short lag when starting to type on the virtual keyboard.

Shame. Already knew about google maps and youtube since the announcement and developers started to use the beta versions.
    But i'm blaming google for not stepping up and providing app store downloadable alternatives in time. (given the teething problems with the Apple maps app, they could have scored bigtime).

I'm most disappointed by the loss of snappyness in IOS6 though.
    iPad1 3G 64Gb - IOS 5.1 | iPad 3 3G 64Gb - IOS 7.0.3 | iPad Air LTE 64Gb - IOS 7.0.3

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dianekoupepidou
    Is there anyway of going back to the old version? My email wont work now that I have upgraded and this is the main reason I have an ipad. I even tried deleting the mail account and setting up again but it just says mail server not responding. Have been working for hours trying to resolve it.
    Hi, is it gmail you are having a problem with?

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I share with you, understand the same pain. I am one of the victims too! Downgrade won't work. I tell everyone not to upgrade!

Member #
    Liked
    1419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Basile881
    I share with you, understand the same pain. I am one of the victims too! Downgrade won't work. I tell everyone not to upgrade!
    It's unfortunate that you had some bad experiences in upgrading to iOS 6. Your experiences are, however, not universal are are experienced only by a minority of users. If you would tell us exactly what your problems are the members here may be able to help you.
    To warn others away from upgrading merely because you had problems is not fair to iOS 6 or to those people you are warning.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I'm a newish user and upgraded to IOS6 but can no longer get the wifi access to my company's FR33DAY service I had with IOS5. I can connect, Safari open the login page, but after pushing on the login button nothing happens - any ideas?

iPF Noob
    Member #
    After iOS six update, email crashers after I try to open an email from the banner notification. Before update, this did not happen.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    annoyed that there was no up front message regarding the loss of google maps if iPad is upgraded. if there had been I for one would not have upgraded. I used google maps and street view a great deal and the new maps is just a glorified GPS and route finder, none of which I need on my iPad. it is useless to me now, so won't be getting used.
    The old apps store layout was far superior to the new, so I'm going to be using that less, saved myself a few quid there, and lost apple a few.
    my closing gripe is a petty one, aren't they all? I enjoy playing hearts HD when idle or waiting around, sines os6 it does not allow the player to return to the menu page or create a new game! What's all that about? I have deleted and re installed it several times and even tried the non HD version with the same results, can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? Is it software incompatibility between os6 and the game? If so shouldn't is have been noticed during testing prior to rolling out the new os?
    it's so annoying when a so called upgrade actually leaves you worse off, especially with no rollback option to revert to os5.11 or whatever number it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Links