IPAD working on MTNL Jadoo
I 2nd ChrisH. Even I have started getting internet on Ipad where I was not getting earlier in South Delhi. I get near in Neb Sarai near Saket, Chattarpur, intermittently on MG road to Gurgaon etc.
But I do not get it in Sainik Farms near IGNOU - where I live:-(
Wonder how can MTNL offer this service selectively ?? or does it require upgrades at their towers and so it is rolling out slowly ????
APN setting mtnl 3G jadoo
I have taken the 3g Jadoo Prepaid card by paying a amount of Rs.149. Once it activated I triyed it on my Nokia N95 but it didn't work and i triyed to tke the help of mtnl custome care but there customer care sucks. worst cusatomer care they hangup the call, they are unable to fix the problem every time you describe the problem they say " setting bhej deti houn, save kar lena aur phone switch off kar ke start karana, 25-30 min. bad chal jayega" but end result is zero.
now here is APN setting wich works for me:
user name: mtnl
I have triyed with APN pps3g but it says packet data connection not available. the avobe setting works for me i have triyed this in gurgaon also it works.
but be sure to recharge the card with any Prepaid 3G Data Coupons.
More info re iPad on MTNL 3G
A few pieces of information:
1. Balance checking for the amount of data left on a prepaid MTNL SIM using 3G is best done, I think, by putting the cut sim into another phone, such as a Nokia. Dial *400# (sending request), and you should receive 2 SMS messages back within a minute. The first SMS gives "talk" time remaining and end date, the second gives the volume in bytes remaining (and video call time remaining, for what it's worth). To receive such information in the second, of course, you will need to have topped up with a 3G Jadoo card. If you call 444 instead, you don't receive the information about data left, although you get all other information (including a mistake in the transcription of minutes to seconds on the video call time left).
2. The price per MB seems the same for Postpaid and Prepaid 3G top ups.
3. Delhi MTNL's site says that there is no extra roaming charge for getting onto related networks (BSNL or MTNL Mumbai) for postpaid, but it provides no information about prepaid. I'm guessing the answer is the same for prepaid, though. Can anyone confirm?
4. At the low end of 3G Jadoo top-ups, there is not much advantage in using a top-up card (around 1.3 MB per rupee) over the "regular" top up card rate of 10 KB per paise (which is 1 MB per rupee) which can always be used for 3G service as well. The amount of MBs per rupee changes significantly as you go up, to eventually 10 MB per rupee, and of course "infinity" at 1800 Rs.
5. Wow, does 3G draw battery power from the iPad, much more than video or graphics use! It's still a fantastic battery, but 3G drains more than I had thought, it would.