Greetings fellow farmers,
Welcome to the place to be if you'd like help with your barn or silo upgrade!
We recently tested this idea using a competition style format and after much discussion, it was decided it'd be a better idea to get rid of the competition side of it and employ the "pay it forward" concept.
This means that more than one person can benefit at any given time as there is no "winner" singled out, it also means the global time difference is no longer an issue since there will not be any specific time limit for posting your screenshots. Anybody can ask for help at any given time.
We will now also include silo upgrades. With the winter update introducing new crops, and several of the new items requiring crops in much larger quantities, people need more space in their silo as well as their barn.
The basic idea remains the same, your barn or silo capacity must be under 1000. All we ask is that you post a screenshot of your barn or silo upgrade screen, and those who are willing and able to help you by donating building materials, will contact you either by PM or by replying to you on the thread. I will post instructions on how to take screenshots and how to add them to the thread at the bottom of this post.
The items people donate to you will cost 1 coin and require nothing in return. This is all about goodwill, helping others and the generosity of our community here. Please do not attempt to take advantage of the kindness of others.
If you have excess of other items required for your upgrade at the time of asking for help, you can pop over to the trading thread (link below) where you can trade them for items you need to get you closer to your upgrade, easy way to build up your materials. If you're new to trading, please don't panic or let it put you off, we will help you and we are patient.
We are all happy to help and take part in this venture, but if greed of any kind becomes an issue, it is likely that people will become unhappy and stop wanting to participate. Please keep this in mind at all times. Thank you.
We also ask that you please respect that this is a new idea and that more than one person may require help at the same time, so while we hope to get you upgraded as quickly as possible, this may not be immediate. Please be patient with us. We do not yet know how many people will be participating on either side (donating or requiring help), so, again, I ask that you please be patient while we find our feet. We may need to make some adjustments as we go along. If this is the case, I will update this post and let you know, and kindly ask that all participants please note the changes.
A short summary of how this thread works:
• Your barn / silo must be below 1000
• Post your screenshot of your barn / silo upgrade screen
• Please limit screenshots to either barn or silo at one time, not both
• Please wait patiently for a response
• Please work out details in PM where possible
• All materials will be offered for one coin
• Please try to trade excess materials for items you need (on the trading thread)
• Please remember to edit your post after your upgrade is complete
• Please be polite and thank those who are kind enough to assist you
• This is not a trading thread
• Please consider helping another after you have been upgraded
• Enjoy being part of a community that rocks!
If you have stumbled upon this thread with a view to general Hay Day trading, I would like to direct you to our main thread for trading.
The direct (and clickable) link is Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS) OR you can find us on the app in the search section (magnifying glass icon) at the bottom of the page by searching for:
Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)
You can copy and paste the above text right into the search box!
If you have any issues, queries or questions, you may PM me personally - you have my word that anything you say will remain private. I will try to assist you in any way I can.
To post your screenshot using your iPad or iPhone here's what to do:
First, you need to take the screenshot.
1) Open the Hay Day app
2) Open your barn or silo and tap on "increase storage". That is the screen you want a picture of.
3) While on said page, press the home key and power button at the same time. You should hear the camera sound (if you have your volume up)
4) Screenshot will automatically go into your camera roll
To post your screenshot here (using the iPF app):
1) At the top right of the forum screen is an arrow, tap it and select "reply to thread" (pic 1)
2) On the blank reply screen select "advanced" (pic 2)
3) Then select "attach from photos" (pic 3)
4) Go into your camera roll and select your screenshot (pic 4)
5) Wait for your photo to upload, then hit the "new reply" arrow (pic 5)
6) Hit "send" at the top right
UPDATE: I see people have been asking about helping with land expansion materials on this thread too. I brought it up for discussion with the other ladies who are involved with the organisation of this thread and we felt it was best to keep this particular thread just for the barn and silo "upgrade mission". It's great to see everybody's enthusiasm, but we have a specific goal here, and that is to help with the upgrade of barns and silos.
While we understand that expansion of land is also important, we would appreciate if that side of things could be continued as normal on the main Hay Day Trading thread, the link to which can be found above. Thank you so much for your cooperation and participation.
One more little thing, it would be very much appreciated if those of you who have successfully completed the upgrade for which you posted your screenshot, could possibly edit the post with aforementioned screenshot on it, to let us know that particular upgrade is finished. It will make things much simpler if we know who has received enough items for their upgrade, so we can move on to the next person. If you are unsure of how to edit your post, please let me know and I will happily explain. Thanks so much.
If you need further help with anything, please do not hesitate to ask!
Thank you for reading this post, and for taking part.
iPad RD | London, UK | GC: sapphireoceans | Level 73 | If YOU won't fill your own sugar/dairy boat, I certainly won't ~ also, manners are free :-)