June 2012 : DVD Catalyst 4.2
(after a year of 4.1.x releases, with major updates on a monthly basis, I figured it was time to switch to 4.2)
creative zio, htc evo 4g lte and a collection of ainol novo7 device profiles added.
An issue with text overlay, such as the filename embed and custom text options in Global Settings > Tweaks.
An issue with some mkv subs where subtitles would not display.
An issue with the Haywire bluray, where the conversion stopped right away.
Full release notes located here:
About DVD Catalyst 4:
Originally created as a personal conversion tool due to a lack of performance and functionality, DVD Catalyst has grown into one of the most popular DVD and video file conversion tools available.
Aside of the affordable pricing (only $10) and our dedication to making sure that anyone is able to put movies on their portable devices, DVD Catalyst has always been on the forefront of innovation.
We use our own software on a daily basis for our own conversions, and as a result, we continuously implement new features and technologies to make things easier, faster and better, making DVD Catalyst one of the most feature rich and most powerful conversion tools available.
How it works:
Step 1: Download and install DVD Catalyst 4 on your computer.
Step 2: Start DVD Catalyst 4 and select your device, for example the Apple iPad 3 profile:
Step 3: Insert your DVD or drag your video files over onto DVD Catalyst 4.
Step 4: Tap Go to start the conversion process.
Step 5. Connect your device to your computer, and copy the file over.
Once completed, just open the build-in Video App on your device to play the movie.
* DVD Catalyst 4 converts DVDs (Movies and TV shows) as well as popular video files such as AVI DIVX XVID MKV and ISO. (note: protected video files, such as movies purchased/rented through Apple iTunes and Amazon Instant, or so-called “Digital Copies” you get for free with some DVDs and Blurays (“Digital Copy Included”), can not be converted. Video files that do not include DRM such as AVI, DIVX MKV, MPEG etc can be converted normally with DVD Catalyst.)
DVD Catalyst 4 was designed to make the conversion process as easy as possible, so there are a lot of things done automatically:
* Volume Maximizer: this feature ensures that all your conversions are done using a louder volume level, however, rather than simply boosting the volume on all your conversions, it determines how far the volume can be boosted, resulting in all your movies and video files having a similar, but louder, volume. http://www.tools4movies.com/2011/01/...volume-levels/
* Border removal: this feature (adjustable) removes black padding from videos that have them, leaving you with a higher quality video. http://www.tools4movies.com/2011/08/...k-bar-removal/
* Transparent Batch: DVD Catalyst 4 runs all your conversions in a "transparent batch" mode. Convert a movie DVD, a DVD with 4 TV shows, or a conversion of 100 video files, just add whatever you need to convert, and with one click DVD Catalyst 4 automatically runs a batch conversion on your videos. http://www.tools4movies.com/2010/11/...f-video-files/
* 1000's of devices: No need for "guess-work", DVD Catalyst includes profiles for almost all devices that are capable of playing videos, and with every update new devices are added. If your device is not listed, just let us know and we'll provide you with the settings that are optimal for your device. No need to purchase a new conversion tool when you upgrade your phone or tablet, DVD Catalyst 4 works with them all.
* Multi-device conversions: Over the years, we have picked up a variety of different phones and tablets ourselves, and while some of them have been retired into a drawer, quite a few are still used in some form. As a result, we implemented Multi-device conversion in DVD Catalyst 4. Aside from "batch" mode for DVD and video conversions, with DVD Catalyst you can queue-up multiple device profiles, enabling you to convert movies for your tablet, your daughters iPod, and your son's PS Vita, with a single click. No need to run the conversion again for each device. http://www.tools4movies.com/2010/11/...-multi-device/
* Efficient Conversions: Most conversion tools use a fixed setting for converting your movies, however, this can be quite inefficient, and depending on the type of video and the activity (fast action, romance) you end up with mixed quality results. DVD Catalyst 4 can use a technology called CRF, which dynamically adjusts the settings during the conversion to optimize the visual quality (the way your video looks). As a result, nothing gets wasted, and your movies all have a similar visual quality while the file-size is as small as possible. Using this technique, it is possible to reduce the file-size of some of your movies by more than half, while making them look visually better than a larger file. http://www.tools4movies.com/2012/03/crf/
For more information, have a look at one of the guides on our website:
Amazon Kindle Fire
Asus Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Samsung Galaxy S3
Sony PS Vita