* Of course your Apple iPhone 5. While you don’t need it for the actual process, of course if you want to watch a movie on the iPhone 5, you need it to be able to put the movie onto it.
* The connection cable for your iPhone 5.
* Windows-based PC in order to be able to run DVD Catalyst 4. DVD Catalyst 4 is currently only available for computers and laptops running Microsoft Windows. It works on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, on 32bit as well as 64bit systems.
* Apple iTunes, which is the software needed in order to transfer files to your iPhone 5.
* Conversion software. There is a large variety of different tools available for this. You can do it the free way, with applications such as Handbrake and Freemake, or with one of the many overpriced applications that are found all over the internet, but for this guide I am using DVD Catalyst 4, one of the most popular conversion applications for phones and tablets due to its ease of use, the support provided when needed, and of course the very affordable price.
You can purchase DVD Catalyst 4 (for a limited time 50% off) by clicking here (link), or download the free trial version by clicking here (link) The trial version converts 25% of each item.
Currently there is no Apple Mac or Linux version available of DVD Catalyst 4.* DVD drive for if you want to convert DVDs or a Bluray drive if you want to convert Blurays for your Apple iPhone 5, or direct access to your video file (AVI, MKV, ISO etc) collection if you want to convert those to the proper format for your Apple iPhone 5.
* Movies or TV shows. Of course you need videos that you want to watch on your Apple iPhone 5.
With video files, DVD Catalyst works without the need of anything else. It even includes its own video and audio codecs, so it is even able to convert video files to Apple iPhone 5 optimized videos even if your might not be able to play the original video.
However, if you want to use DVD Catalyst 4 with Blurays, additional software
DVD Catalyst can not convert so-called “Digital Copy” movies, or movie and TV episodes purchased through iTunes or similar online video services such as Amazon UnBox and UltraViolet. These video files are DRM-protected, which prevents software such as DVD Catalyst from converting them.
Video files that do not include DRM such as AVI, DIVX, ISO, MKV, MPEG etc can be converted normally with DVD Catalyst.
Step 1: Download and install DVD Catalyst 4 on your computer.
Step 2: Start DVD Catalyst 4 and select the Apple iPhone 5 video player device profile.
Step 3: Insert your DVD or drag your video files over onto DVD Catalyst 4.
Step 4: Tap Go to start the conversion process.
Step 5. Start Apple iTunes, and add the created video to the library.
Step 6. Connect your iPhone 5 to your computer and copy the file over.
Once completed, just open the build-in video player app on your Apple iPhone 5, and tap the movie to play it.