Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

This is a discussion on Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!) within the DragonVale Forum forums, part of the iPad Game Specific category; Originally Posted by phibes74 Yes it is!!!!! Now I just need a name???? 8) for your inspiration: "The "Nine Classical Types" of dragons as depicted ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 4670 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 899 949 1349 1849 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 46699
Like Tree12516Likes

Thread: Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

  1. #8481
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    143434
    Liked
    82 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    BelgiŽ
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by phibes74 View Post
    Yes it is!!!!! Now I just need a name???? 8)
    for your inspiration:

    "The "Nine Classical Types" of dragons as depicted in Chinese art and literature, are:
    • Tianlong, The Celestial Dragon
    • Shenlong, the Spiritual Dragon
    • Fucanglong, the Dragon of Hidden Treasures
    • Dilong, the Underground Dragon
    • Yinglong, the Winged Dragon
    • Jiaolong, the Horned Dragon
    • Panlong, the Coiling Dragon: inhabits the waters
    • Huanglong, Yellow Dragon, which emerged from the River Luo to show Fuxi the elements of writing
    • Dragon King
    The first four mentioned are probably the most recognizable of the nine in Chinese culture. The celestial dragon protects the palaces of the gods, while the spiritual dragon commands the winds and rain. As its name states, the dragon of underground treasure guards wealth, while the the underground dragon controls the geological events of the Earth.[6]
    Besides these, there are Nine Dragon Children, which feature prominently in architectural and monumental decorations:
    • The first son is called bixi, which looks like a giant tortoise and is good at carrying weight. It is often found as the carved stone base of monumental tablets.
    • The second son is called chiwen, which looks like a beast and likes to see very far. It is always found on the roof.
    • The third son is called pulao, which looks like a small dragon, and likes to roar. Thus it is always found on bells.
    • The fourth son is called bi'an, which looks like a tiger, and is powerful. It is often found on prison doors to frighten the prisoners.
    • The fifth son is called taotie, which loves to eat and is found on food-related wares.
    • The sixth son is called baxia, which likes to be in water, and is found on bridges.
    • The seventh son is called yazi, which likes to kill, and is found on swords and knives.
    • The eighth son is called suanni, which looks like a lion and likes smoke as well as having an affinity for fireworks. It is usually found on incense burners.
    • The youngest is called jiaotu, which looks like a conch or clam and does not like to be disturbed. It is used on the front door or the doorstep."
    ~From the New world encyclopedia

  2. Ads


  3. #8482
    Banned
    Member #
    120817
    Liked
    508 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by phibes74 View Post
    Yes it is!!!!! Now I just need a name???? 8)
    Lol I still haven't named mine either! Everytime I try to sit down and think about it I get interrupted. Haha

    BTW did you see my reply to you on the gem thread?

    Edit: scratch that. Logged onto DV and there was your notification that you sent a gem. Thanks!
    Last edited by GT500Girl; 01-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.

  4. #8483
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    102756
    Liked
    268 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by StormEvans View Post
    for your inspiration:

    "The "Nine Classical Types" of dragons as depicted in Chinese art and literature, are:
    • Tianlong, The Celestial Dragon
    • Shenlong, the Spiritual Dragon
    • Fucanglong, the Dragon of Hidden Treasures
    • Dilong, the Underground Dragon
    • Yinglong, the Winged Dragon
    • Jiaolong, the Horned Dragon
    • Panlong, the Coiling Dragon: inhabits the waters
    • Huanglong, Yellow Dragon, which emerged from the River Luo to show Fuxi the elements of writing
    • Dragon King
    The first four mentioned are probably the most recognizable of the nine in Chinese culture. The celestial dragon protects the palaces of the gods, while the spiritual dragon commands the winds and rain. As its name states, the dragon of underground treasure guards wealth, while the the underground dragon controls the geological events of the Earth.[6]
    Besides these, there are Nine Dragon Children, which feature prominently in architectural and monumental decorations:
    • The first son is called bixi, which looks like a giant tortoise and is good at carrying weight. It is often found as the carved stone base of monumental tablets.
    • The second son is called chiwen, which looks like a beast and likes to see very far. It is always found on the roof.
    • The third son is called pulao, which looks like a small dragon, and likes to roar. Thus it is always found on bells.
    • The fourth son is called bi'an, which looks like a tiger, and is powerful. It is often found on prison doors to frighten the prisoners.
    • The fifth son is called taotie, which loves to eat and is found on food-related wares.
    • The sixth son is called baxia, which likes to be in water, and is found on bridges.
    • The seventh son is called yazi, which likes to kill, and is found on swords and knives.
    • The eighth son is called suanni, which looks like a lion and likes smoke as well as having an affinity for fireworks. It is usually found on incense burners.
    • The youngest is called jiaotu, which looks like a conch or clam and does not like to be disturbed. It is used on the front door or the doorstep."
    ~From the New world encyclopedia
    I like it thanks for the info. Breed on!!!!

  5. #8484
    Banned
    Member #
    117218
    Liked
    165 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    474
    Wow had a dream I finally got my panlong then my rainbow and finally a frostfire... Then I woke up...... Sooooo disappointed!!!!!!

  6. #8485
    Banned
    Member #
    120817
    Liked
    508 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,412
    For everyone having a hard time getting the rares...some of this is theory, some will work for some and not others but I thought I would post them up again. I also remembered one that I followed before I got my first rainbow which I had kind of forgot about until we got all these new habitats and I started thinking about it today. I really hope these tips help. If anyone thinks of anymore please copy, paste and add to it. Good luck all!

    1. Boost theory may have a effect on getting rares...remove them from your island with breeding cave. Worth a try right? You can always buy them again if it doesn't help but I would give it a few days without and see what happens.

    2. Try a pair several times before switching. My opinion, this is what has worked for me, set a goal of how many times you will try...I do 20 try's and write them down! You really don't know how many times you have actually tried if you don't write them down.

    3. During those tries every now and then switch the order they go in the breeding cave ex: blazing left side, mud right side...try mud left side, blazing right side. Sometimes this seems to be the ticket to getting that rare!

    4. Fill up your habitats. This was a tip given to me a long time ago. I didn't get my first major rare until I followed all these steps. I realize I have a spot in one of my new cold habitats...maybe this is why I don't have my panlong? Probably not but as soon as I get a free place to breed I'm going to try for my 2nd frostfire, fill that empty spot and then continue trying for my panlongs.
    Last edited by GT500Girl; 01-26-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Typo

  7. #8486
    Banned
    Member #
    120817
    Liked
    508 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmaestro View Post
    Exactly!

    Good chance to clarify things.... It IS within the realm of possibility to attain gold shrines (sure would have helped if existing level 15's counted when the upgrade was introduced, which my 35 were not). Where the numbers become truly staggering is when you think about taking all your dragons to level 20. They've been quoted here often the amounts are staggering.

    Not much room for argument there - numbers are numbers. Pretty easy to do a spreadsheet to document the numbers. Then you just make a few assumptions and do the division. It's purely empirical.

    Poppy
    Yep, I agree. My thought is though I don't want to be done with the game so it gives me something to do. The numbers are quite scary though!

  8. #8487
    Banned
    Member #
    120817
    Liked
    508 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by tonygtech View Post
    Wow had a dream I finally got my panlong then my rainbow and finally a frostfire... Then I woke up...... Sooooo disappointed!!!!!!
    that is so not right!

  9. #8488
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    130792
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10
    Fp

    Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)-image-1146075289.png

    What a epic thing MY LEVEL 20 Panlong with a crown P.S. i got all my dragons legitimately gems and cash is for food speed up and breeding speed up for useless dragons i dont need

  10. #8489
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    101845
    Liked
    167 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmaestro

    Thanks. It was a fun project putting the Nursery Island together! I'm getting very close to level 30 which entitles me to another island - for $100M! I'm working on ideas for that one. I'm very inspired by SNALFA (great park!), but I'd like to do something original.

    Poppy
    Thank you! Why don't you just write dragon, or poppy!

  11. #8490
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    101845
    Liked
    167 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by mjtyler

    Thanks Snalfa, and to all who are interested, no rain...woo hoo. Snalfa give it time and stay patient, it will come
    Sometimes, it does happen! But not for me now... It's like lottery, quite fun the excitement when you buy it and just believe you will win, but the empty sandiness after you haven't won, it's not that great..

    DV on the spot, happiness and "sadness" in between..


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
    By lawhawk in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 1177
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
  2. iOS5 Tips and Tricks
    By Tim SPRACKLEN in forum iPad OS
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 03:50 AM
  3. Tips & Tricks Take2!
    By Dannyboy85 in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 04:42 PM
  4. Dragonvale friend requests anyone?
    By j.h in forum iPad Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
  5. New member, looking for tips and tricks
    By mrpunch0 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:41 AM

Search tags for this page

cheats for dragonvale
,

dragonvale

,
dragonvale blue fire dragon
,
dragonvale breeding
,
dragonvale breeding chart
,

dragonvale cheats

,
dragonvale sandstorm dragon
,
sandstorm dragon dragonvale
Click on a term to search for related topics.