Price: $189.99, Version: 1.2 -> 1.3 (iTunes)
Proloquo2Go provides a full-featured augmentative and alternative communication solution for people who have difficulty speaking. It provides natural sounding text-to-speech voices (INITIALLY AMERICAN AND BRITISH ENGLISH ONLY), up-to-date symbols, powerful automatic conjugations, a default vocabulary of over 7000 items, full expandability and extreme ease of use.
Proloquo2Go is for anyone who cannot afford spending thousands of dollars on an AAC device and yet wants a solution that is just as good if not better. SLPs, teachers and parents recommend it for children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS, stroke or traumatic brain injury.
"The price is so compelling," said Dan Herlihy, owner of Connective Technology Solutions, "and the software and hardware platform Proloquo2Go runs on so radically improved over current devices in its category that if not quite a paradigm shift, markedly raises the bar for accessibility, ease of use, and affordability."
INCLUDED VOICES: The current version includes North American English male, female, girl and boy voices. These can be swapped at no costs for British voices that can be downloaded through WiFi by Proloquo2Go. Support for other languages and voices is in the pipeline.
Read more on proloquo2go.com
* Now also optimized for the iPad. This version is a universal binary that will run optimally on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
* Added additional items sizes for the iPad
* Support for landscape view and device rotation.
* Redesigned toolbar for easier access to core functions
* Additional Appearance Settings for a fine-tuned user experience
* Rewritten core grid engine for higher performance
* Lots of small improvements and fixes