Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

This is a discussion on Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade? within the Apple iPad Polls forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Since i updated to ios5 my battery depletes faster. Anyone with the same problem? I do not use icloud sync. I have an ipad1....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better

    8 19.51%
  • Worse

    15 36.59%
  • No Change

    18 43.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

  1. #21
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    116077
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1
    Since i updated to ios5 my battery depletes faster. Anyone with the same problem?
    I do not use icloud sync. I have an ipad1.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    84932
    Liked
    16 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by loaderopp

    Please can you enlighten me.
    On iPad 2? When you're on the home screen, put four finger tips on it and slide up... You will see the bar at the bottom with all open apps. Then you just hold one down till they all wiggle and close them one at a time.

    I have had my iPad 2 on for sixteen hours today, (me and the kids, not just me!!) and it is finally on 9%. But I have had the Bluetooth keyboard on for about ten of those hours, and had wifi on all day. Played a few games and web surfed but no music. So I am happy with that battery life!!!
    Owner of a lovely white 16GB Wi-fi with green smart cover.
    From Derby, England.

  4. #23
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    116572
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    3
    My battery life has gotten markedly worse after the update. Hence, I started looking for a forum that could explain the cause (e.g., maybe I had to adjust something in my System settings). Previously I would need to recharge my battery every couple of days. I've been running the new iOS since the weekend, and now it looks like I need to recharge every day. It's not quite 2x worse, but
    close. From the comments on this forum it sounds like its a mixed bag (50% see improvement, 50% see degradation). I can manage recharging every day, I just was hoping to find an easy answer/solution - but it seems like the cause of the battery life degradation is somewhat mysterious.

  5. #24
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    116572
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    3
    OK.
    I did the 'reboot' routine (I thought this was only something to do on Windows PCs), and the battery doesn't appear to be draining unusually fast anymore. I'd say its as good as it was before the iOS5 install.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

  6. #25
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    118697
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcid
    OK.
    I did the 'reboot' routine (I thought this was only something to do on Windows PCs), and the battery doesn't appear to be draining unusually fast anymore. I'd say its as good as it was before the iOS5 install.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I have the same problem. I have rebooted, removed any location seeking apps and the battery is still draining fast. It was fine before IOS 5. Any other suggestions?

  7. #26
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    118965
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    77
    Since I only got mine a day or two before the iOS5 update, I can't say whether that's the problem or not. I keep it plugged in all day at work, only taking it off charge when I go outside on a break. I leave work and use it sporadically for 3-4 hours, starting with a full charge, then for about half an hour to read in bed. When I get up, I'm down to about 42%. After roughly an hour and a half of use in the morning, it drops to around 20%.

    I close apps regularly and all I'm really doing is checking email, Facebook, news sites etc, so no streaming media or any of that fun stuff.

    Any ideas?
    Last edited by GnomeGrrl; 11-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #27
    A.K
    A.K is offline
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    118496
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    92
    i think there might be a small increase in battery life...i used to charge it once in 3-4 days when it had ios4.3.5 but now i charge it once in 4-5 days...but then again after ios 5 update i have rarely used 3g as i have no data left...i have left cellular data off and use it only on wifi...so that might be the reason im getting an increased battery life...
    from my white I pad 3G/wifi 16 gb

  9. #28
    A.K
    A.K is offline
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    118496
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeGrrl View Post
    Since I only got mine a day or two before the iOS5 update, I can't say whether that's the problem or not. I keep it plugged in all day at work, only taking it off charge when I go outside on a break. I leave work and use it sporadically for 3-4 hours, starting with a full charge, then for about half an hour to read in bed. When I get up, I'm down to about 42%. After roughly an hour and a half of use in the morning, it drops to around 20%.

    I close apps regularly and all I'm really doing is checking email, Facebook, news sites etc, so no streaming media or any of that fun stuff.

    Any ideas?
    hmm i guess one reason for decreased battery life may be that u keep it plugged in to charge so long...though the lithium batteries are said to be not damaged by that ,from what i saw it decreases the battery life..so i would recommend u to charge it to 100 % and just leave it in "sleep mode" or power off if ur not using it for extended periods...
    and one full discahrge once a month is good for battery life as apple says in its site...
    and this will make some small differences...switching off 3g while ur using wifi and vice versa...and lowering ur screen brightness to minimum required levels{decreases the headache too}...
    closing the apps wont cause much change IMO cause ios freezes the apps in background...its not ur typical multitasking...so dont worry about that...
    from my white I pad 3G/wifi 16 gb

  10. #29
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    118965
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K

    hmm i guess one reason for decreased battery life may be that u keep it plugged in to charge so long...though the lithium batteries are said to be not damaged by that ,from what i saw it decreases the battery life..so i would recommend u to charge it to 100 % and just leave it in "sleep mode" or power off if ur not using it for extended periods...
    and one full discahrge once a month is good for battery life as apple says in its site...
    and this will make some small differences...switching off 3g while ur using wifi and vice versa...and lowering ur screen brightness to minimum required levels{decreases the headache too}...
    closing the apps wont cause much change IMO cause ios freezes the apps in background...its not ur typical multitasking...so dont worry about that...
    Actually, because it gets pulled off charge fairly regularly when it's quiet and I go outside to indulge in some of my least pleasant habits, it doesn't reach 100% until fairly close to home time. I don't charge it at all when at home, just leave it in sleep mode during the night. Right now, i'm back up to 48% and about to whip it off again. No 3G on this one - couldn't justify it when I already pay for 4G on my phone and don't have to pay extra to use it as a hotspot.

    I haven't let the battery fully discharge yet, but I might try that tonight.

  11. #30
    A.K
    A.K is offline
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    118496
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    92
    Hmm I see...just try these too...
    Keep the wifi off when u don't use it (wifi cause heavy battery consumption)
    Keep the blue tooth off when u don't use it
    And I would suggest u keep the I pad in power off rather than sleep mode at night.
    from my white I pad 3G/wifi 16 gb


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. upgrade or donot upgrade that is the question
    By drsas in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
  2. iPad 2 Battery Tip
    By Duckfeet in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 12:18 AM
  3. Ipad 2 battery
    By Thanhdao in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 05:26 AM
  4. Ipad Battery
    By Romeolo888 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
  5. ipad battery
    By Ex Microsoft in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 02:09 AM

Search tags for this page

ipad 2 battery dies fast
,
ipad battery dying quickly
,
ipad battery not lasting
,

my ipad battery dies quickly

,

why does my ipad battery die fast

,
why does my ipad battery die so fast
,

why is my ipad battery dying so fast

,
why is my ipad dying so fast
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread