Start here ~
iPad Hacking - Apple iPad Forum
I got your PM ~ no worries.
This is a discussion on Why are you not jailbreaking? within the Apple iPad Polls forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Originally Posted by blessed Will someone please post a link (or the name) to the thread where this topic is being discussed at length? Sent ...
I am nervous about its complexity.
Because it is against Apple's TOC and affects warranty.
I think it is immoral.
I do not know what are advantages after jailbreak.
I have already jailbroken.
I am not interested in jail breaking
1. Been there, done that with all types of devices. "rm -rf *" anyone?
2. In the early days of Windows 3 there was a screen saver called "Johnny Castaway" - a lot of time was wasted starting the screen saver to see what Johnny was up to. If you are using a computer or tablet you should rarely see the wallpaper or any interface tweaks.
3. The first app everyone is recommended to install is iFile but hardly anyone really needs it and no one explains that root access makes it very easy to mess up and stop things working.
4. The amount of times the response to a problem is "remove your tweaks" one by one to find out which one has broken something.
5. The amount of time being spent on posts like this one.
Off Topic: Wireless sync is working on Windows 7 64bit!!!
Because it works just fine the way it is.Originally Posted by mobi1
"I am nervous about its complexity."
I'm sure I can figure it out, not before a jailbreak - and not after...
I'm still confused about what Jailbreaking will allow me to do.
For instance, what use is having any extra fancy themes?
Isn't that the kind of thing more for the use of folk who like to just LOOK at how cool their iPad is rather than for the folk who actually want to use their iPad to get some work done?
I have still not heard any Jailbreaking fan come out and name ONE App for a Jailbroken iPad 2 that will make it better for work.
That's you told, Tim .
I have an iPad 2 32gb wi-fi but just learning how to use it.
Frankly, I'm scared to death I'll mess something up if I jailbreak. I'm still running iOS 4.3.3 in case I change my mind later, but I'll probably just remain a nervous nelly.
iPad 2 - 64GB 3G + WiFi
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.
The developers of the iPad have put tons of time and testing into making this device function correctly, reliably and universally and a jail broken pad has not had nearly the same amount of time and testing. I need this pad to function as advertised, it's not a toy. I have tech pubs and remote connect software (RDP) packages so I can operate and adjust equipment when remotely connected to Win PCs. So far my iPad has worked perfectly and I would expect it to continue to do so. Reason two, I worry that I will not be able to restore my iPad back to factory if required. Next reason... I think Jail breaking an iPad voids the warranty.
Sent from my iPad using iPF