How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?
This is a discussion on How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)? within the Apple iPad Polls forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Rarely.. maybe once every month or so. I am like Tim and consider iTunes nearly incomprehensible and maybe even a virus. Admittedly, I know just ...
View Poll Results: How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?
- 234. You may not vote on this poll
Rarely.. maybe once every month or so. I am like Tim and consider iTunes nearly incomprehensible and maybe even a virus. Admittedly, I know just enough about iTunes to be dangerous, as the following gripe list will no doubt attest.
1) how do you handle multiple users on a PC with different libraries and different user accounts? What? iTunes is not meant to be used in a multi-user account environment?
2) how do you move the files on your iDevice to the computer after losing a HD (without using 3rd party software?) Oh? iTunes is crippled and won't let you do that?
3) do you really know what files you need to completely back up iTunes including playlists, etc.? (yes, I think I do... now)
4) how about using another computer to backup your iDevice(s).. we are allowed to connect to 5 computers, right? What? It says synced to another computer and wants to replace all the data on the iDevice with what's on that particular computer? I don't think so!
5) iTunes wants to backup your device. Do you have any control over where that backup is stored? No? Well that's great, I have a 60GB main drive (C:\) and a 300 GB data drive (D:\) and it wants to backup a 64GB iDevice to my C:\ drive? That ain't gonna fly. (ok, it's the kids' computer and they have two 64GB iTouches.)
6) when updating apps, I have to change over to whatever user ID got the original app and homeshared it with me. Really? Sheesh.
7) I do not want iTunes backing up to my C:\ (OS and program) drive. It is an 80GB SSD. I want to tell iTunes where to put the backup. Afterall, I have a 320GB data drive, a 2TB data drive, and a 1.5TB external drive with plenty of room. What? I can't do that? (see #5... already been there and done that)
8) I never really have any confidence that I know what iTunes is doing when I'm transferring purchases or syncing... or selecting options within iTunes. I hold my nose, close my eyes, and click the button hoping I'm not going to take out the entire eastern seaboard power grid.
9) argh. iTunes. Crippleware.
Please tell me my gripes #1-7 listed above are inaccurate perceptions of iTunes and are easily dealt with.
Sorry. Had to vent a bit.
OTOH, I am encouraged to learn that update OTA may be coming! Or is someone just playing a cruel joke on me?
07-15-2011 05:17 PM
Not as much as I would like to
My computer is really slow
Sent from my big touch-screen thing
Last edited by tomster; 07-16-2011 at 08:35 AM.
I backup once a week. I can't wait until IOS 5 comes out! I hate using iTunes.
Sent from my iPad 64G 3G using iPF
Good question, how often is recommeded? I've done it once and I have had my ipad for a couple of weeks.
Im on vacation so i only connected it to my macbook
iPad 2 wifi only 32GB
Once a day....
Never I run Linux.... At work I used a windows machine to setup my iPad but haven't hooked it up to a pc sense.
Sent from my iPad2 using iPF
Basically just to put movies on it. I hate iTunes so I manage my apps on the device's App Store and I'm going to use Dropbox for pictures. So I try to avoid connecting it as much as possible.
just add a movie maybe but not so much these days
Sent from my iPad using iPF
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
By kennethfong in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
By jasdangdang in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
By yourboss in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 11-28-2010, 02:39 AM
By vintageb3 in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
By dfcowell in forum iPad Help
Last Post: 05-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Search tags for this page
how often do you sync your ipad
how often does an ipad need to sync
how often should i sync my ipad
how often should i sync my ipad 2
how often should i update ipad
how often should i update my ipad
how often should you sync your ipad
how often should you update your ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.