Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Is your iPad jailbroken?

This is a discussion on Is your iPad jailbroken? within the Apple iPad Polls forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Originally Posted by squib Excuse my ignorance but what is a widget? Man plans. God laughs. Love and Beloved. These: Just to add: the weather ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is your iPad jailbroken?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    61 23.92%
  • No

    163 63.92%
  • I plan to jailbreak when it is available for my firmware.

    28 10.98%
  • Other

    3 1.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 148
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is your iPad jailbroken?

  1. #131
    iPF Expert
    Member #
    258192
    Liked
    1732 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apetlon, Austria
    Posts
    8,741
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what is a widget? Man plans. God laughs. Love and Beloved.
    These: Is your iPad jailbroken?-image-3850326157.jpg Is your iPad jailbroken?-image-2105597168.jpg Just to add: the weather data are not right. They're not updated, as I don't use them usually. This is just to show you.
    The pictures are from my smartphone.
    My iPads aren't jailbroken.
    Last edited by J. A.; 10-21-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    squib likes this.
    Johanna A.
    You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need. ~ Jerry Gillies

  2. Ads


  3. #132
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    304350
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4
    Lots of people do not know what jailbreaking is for...
    I spend about 100 bucks on cydia tweaks, both iphone and ipad. You can really put your ipad to a new level. For example, i can use a bluetooth mouse on my ipad, send every file, song or picture with bluetooth, safe every file to my ipad and so on. There are a lot of tweaks which are really great.

    Jailbreaking has nothing, absolutly nothing to do with stealing or cracking apps...

    BUT, there are some black sheeps out there and use it for this, but not everyone who jas a jb ipad or iphone is a black sheep

  4. #133
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    304330
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    I can not install new input method,activity,spring tomatoze and many good apps without jailbreak

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

  5. #134
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    167823
    Liked
    192 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Creek View Post
    Lots of people do not know what jailbreaking is for...
    I spend about 100 bucks on cydia tweaks, both iphone and ipad. You can really put your ipad to a new level. For example, i can use a bluetooth mouse on my ipad, send every file, song or picture with bluetooth, safe every file to my ipad and so on. There are a lot of tweaks which are really great.

    Jailbreaking has nothing, absolutly nothing to do with stealing or cracking apps...

    BUT, there are some black sheeps out there and use it for this, but not everyone who jas a jb ipad or iphone is a black sheep
    Agreed. The majority of iOS jailbreakers are constituted by those that fall under the teen category simply jailbreak to "seem cool" or to pirate apps and/or tweaks, which is pretty sad. The lack of legality issues just flies over their heads.
    iPhone 4S White 16 GB iOS 7.1 ||iPad Mini 16GB (WiFi) iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n7||AppleTV2 iOS 5.2 Seas0nPass
    Please read and abide by the forum rules
    iPhone Forums Moderator

  6. #135
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    265665
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Would you mind telling me what that is? Honest, I have often wondered why people jb, what advantage they gain and what are the risks involved? What do you think / know an Android has over an ipad? And why didn't you just buy an Android then? I REALLY really want to know!
    To answer the last question first, I bought my mini a year ago because a navigation program I use when flying my plane is only available for the iPad. If they had an Android version, I would be using that.

    To answer the other question, the simplest answer is that the Galaxy pad I use at work and my Galaxy phone are seen by computers as just a USB external drive. I can move files back and forth easily, whether they are video or text. With the iThings, you have to have Apple's program (or something similar) loaded onto a computer to talk to the device, which isn't possible with many of the computers that I use at work (no outside software allowed). I had to jailbreak the mini in order to run a program installed on the mini, just so that I can have even the most rudimentary interfacing ability between them.

    My friends with iThings likewise have them jailbroken to run programs which aren't Apple approved. None of them has "stolen" software on them, and when I asked, none would know where to get any (and nor do I).

    There are a number of apps on the "jailbreak" site which are intended to let an iThing do things that Androids can do.

    And Androids do these things for half the price of the competing iThings.

    In addition, accessories are industry standard. Interface cables are $2.99, while the "Lightning" cables are ten times the price.

    Going back to that final question again, the developer of my nav program is working on an Android version, and I will be beta testing it. Once the functionality and reliability are proven, I will sell my mini for whatever I can get.

    I will never buy another Apple device as long as I live, unless the company gives up institutional Fascism and stops demanding to have centralized control over what users are permitted to do with their own private property.
    squib likes this.

  7. #136
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    227550
    Liked
    104 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    784
    From my understanding its that many 'i' products are designed to work efficiently within tolerances , within software & hardware parameters for the products own safety & stability & for the continued user experience.
    The massive scope of droid products inherits incompatibilities across so many brands and Os's , for example one OS may not work on another device and thus fragmentation occurs with so many droid devices devs have a nightmare task in building or designing apps that have to work on several hundred variants of one os , for example the silly named 'ice cream la la' os for one device will have different capabilities for another device because of hardware variables , therefore causing complications and inevitably crashs .
    My experience , and continued amusement from people I know using droid things is their frustration at not being able to find some apps that work on one tablet but won't work on another running exactly the same os , and reluctantly find themselves out of the loop per say and inevitably have to purchase another 'new' product which seems to come out every week these days ....!
    I personally know a close friend who's changed his droid device 3 times in one year , maybe even less time than that , only because the previous model for one reason or another crashed often or doesn't support this , that , or whatever.

    At least with my ipad and not being jail broken in can retain some comfort that I cannot compromise its integrity .

    I don't dismiss jail breaking , I have no reason to .

    My analogy would be thus : just because you own something does it give you the overall right to change its vulnerabilities , would you remove the airbags on your car and then make it faster with additional turbos , only to find when you crash things break and then complain because it's not good enough.

    Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

  8. #137
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    265665
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew wal View Post
    From my understanding its that many 'i' products are designed to work efficiently within tolerances , within software & hardware parameters for the products own safety & stability & for the continued user experience.
    Another way to put it is that iThings are not as capable as Apple would have you believe, and they put them in jail to keep you from discovering the limits.

    A slave doesn't discover that 10-foot chain around his ankle if he's in a room that's only 8 feet across.

    My experience , and continued amusement from people I know using droid things is their frustration at not being able to find some apps that work on one tablet but won't work on another running exactly the same os , and reluctantly find themselves out of the loop per say and inevitably have to purchase another 'new' product which seems to come out every week these days ....!
    How is this different from iOS version incompatibility?

    I personally know a close friend who's changed his droid device 3 times in one year , maybe even less time than that , only because the previous model for one reason or another crashed often or doesn't support this , that , or whatever.
    And I have been using the same Galaxy pad at work for a year and a half, and the same Galaxy phone for longer than that (the pad belongs to the job, I bought the phone myself and have seen no reason to change it).

    At least with my ipad and not being jail broken in can retain some comfort that I cannot compromise its integrity .
    This can be important, and to you it clearly is. This is fine, if you are willing to live within the limitations and the required machine overhead in the other devices which you use to support it. If it works for you, don't change it.

    My analogy would be thus : just because you own something does it give you the overall right to change its vulnerabilities , would you remove the airbags on your car and then make it faster with additional turbos , only to find when you crash things break and then complain because it's not good enough.
    I have the right to remove the airbags and add turbos -- it's MY car, not Ford's -- and I can complain that even with the airbags out and turbos in it still doesn't perform as well as my neighbor's car and is still harder and more expensive to drive, especially if it was advertised as being superior, but the dealer didn't mention the deficiencies.

    However, I believe that your point on complaints was that someone who modifies the car / jailbreaks the iThing has no right to complain that it crashes afterward, and I agree, to a point. If I have my airbags off and the turbos on, I still have the right to complain if the car won't shift out of first gear, ESPECIALLY if I discover that Ford built it like that because the wheels will come off at 30 MPH.

    My complaint is that you are FORCED to jailbreak your iThing to get some basic functionality which is taken for granted in ALL competing platforms of the last 10 years. Imagine if you had to jailbreak your computer in order to go to websites that the company doesn't like? When I loaded Suse Linux on my computer, I simply put in the DVD and rebooted. Acer didn't build the computer to keep it from working and Microsoft didn't write their software to keep me from doing it.

    Apple has specifically designed the iOS updates to KILL jailbreaks, and they won't allow STABLE, PROVEN APPS on the store which let you do things such as open file transfer, because they want to keep full control over the iThings.
    Last edited by SoloPilot; 10-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #138
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    227550
    Liked
    104 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    784
    " I still have the right to complain if the car won't shift out of first gear, ESPECIALLY if I discover that Ford built it like that because the wheels will come off at 30 MPH"

    That made me chuckle :-)
    I've known fords like that lol
    I understand what your saying as much as you understand my points and thank you , nice to have valid case for each device , after all everyone's got their right to purchase and do what they wish .
    Although the "Ford" reference was a giggle ,
    :-)

    Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

  10. #139
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    265665
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    39
    If not for the need to jailbreak, I'd be first in line for the new mini. As it is now, I will use the one I have until I can get the nav program in Android, then sell this while I can still get some of my money back.

    That one thing makes all the difference in the world.

  11. #140
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    252634
    Liked
    356 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,419

    Is your iPad jailbroken?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloPilot View Post
    If not for the need to jailbreak, I'd be first in line for the new mini. As it is now, I will use the one I have until I can get the nav program in Android, then sell this while I can still get some of my money back.

    That one thing makes all the difference in the world.
    Thanks, SoloPilot, your and other's responses have helped me understand much better what jb is. I think I will have to do a google research to understand more fully. There is a lot of terminology I don't understand. Fly high and do a loop for me ok? My Dad had a Cessna and a landing strip on our farm! He taught me how to fly but not land or take off! Probably a good thing in hindsight!


    Peace begins with a smile.
    M Teresa
    J. A. likes this.
    iPad 2.
    Peace begins with a smile.
    M. Teresa


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Jailbroken ipad 2
    By asif0092 in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  2. Please help me with my jailbroken iPad 2?
    By swirlymist in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM
  3. Jailbroken iPad 4.3.1... Now what
    By Droidmakespwn in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 09:35 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 11:29 PM

Search tags for this page

how to check if ipad is jailbroken
,
how to check if your ipad is jailbroken
,
how to get free coins on hay day if your ipod is jail broken
,
how to get windows 7 on jailbroken ipad
,

is my ipad jailbroken

,
is my ipad jailbroken?
,
is your ipad jailbroken
,
windows 7 on jailbroken ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.