Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Fourth-Gen Get Possible Release Date

This is a discussion on Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Fourth-Gen Get Possible Release Date within the Apple iPad News forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Originally Posted by Kaykaykay iPad demographics skew older, so that sounds about right with the crowd of older female buyers. If you're going to use ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    iPad demographics skew older, so that sounds about right with the crowd of older female buyers.

    If you're going to use a case, is the finish likely to take a beating?

    I'd guess that whatever device you'd take out most would be one that you'd want a data plan for. That's partly why I'm not buying a mini -- I want my full-size iPad for travel because of maps, so I keep my tablet data plan going, and I need my phablet data plan. I don't want to spring for another data plan that I probably won't use much, for a mini.

    Looks like my Kindle Fire HD will arrive before my iPad. iPad isn't to arrive till Monday, but Fire is due Friday.
    Would love to hear your impressions of the Fire HD. I assume it is the larger one.

    No, generally speaking the finish won't take a beating when inside a case. But I wanted to know how easily it can get scratched up. I do get bored looking at the same case all the time so I swap them from time to time. I will eventually have several different cases. If you remember when the iPhone 5 came out people were claiming theirs got beat up before they knew it...since I'm thinking I might sell the mini to get one with a retina, I'm super paranoid about this. I've been thinking about adding a skin to the back to when I have it out of the case it is protected. Also, the current case I have now leaves the sides/edges of the device exposed, so under certain -- probably slim -- circumstances, it could get dinged. BTW, the iPhones in the store were holding up well, too, but again there is no metal around to ding them. Just wood and plastics.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    Would love to hear your impressions of the Fire HD. I assume it is the larger one.

    No, generally speaking the finish won't take a beating when inside a case. But I wanted to know how easily it can get scratched up. I do get bored looking at the same case all the time so I swap them from time to time. I will eventually have several different cases. If you remember when the iPhone 5 came out people were claiming theirs got beat up before they knew it...since I'm thinking I might sell the mini to get one with a retina, I'm super paranoid about this. I've been thinking about adding a skin to the back to when I have it out of the case it is protected. Also, the current case I have now leaves the sides/edges of the device exposed, so under certain -- probably slim -- circumstances, it could get dinged. BTW, the iPhones in the store were holding up well, too, but again there is no metal around to ding them. Just wood and plastics.
    I read about some iPhone 5s arriving scratched from the factory, so I was wondering whether there were quality control probs.

    Strange thing with my iPod touch 4: I use TPU backs on my devices, yet touch somehow got a giant scrape on its back. I can only machine that something might've gotten between TPU back and the touch, then friction. It doesn't matter because I'm casual about devices as long as they keep working. If I planned to resell anything, I'd start with a skin and then add a case that covered everything, including corners.

    I originally ordered the 9" Fire, but just changed to a 7". My motivator: The other day, I figured out how to rig my Levo stand with an iPad, my Fire original 7" and a Jambox BT speaker all at the same time, so I can watch a movie and surf from the stand, lol. So I decided to get another 7" Fire so I can switch off between two iPads, two 7" Fires and two Jamboxes whenever they need charging. I'm going to give my iPad 1 to my husband. His only tablet use is streaming radio while cooking, so he started using my old iPhone 3G after we recently gave away his iPad 1 to someone who'd get more use out of it. But now he says the 3G takes like 10 seconds to load his radio program, lol. Also spoiled.

    I'm not sure my Kindle Fire "review" will be much use to you; I use my current Fire mostly to read books and stream movies, so I'm not using most features. When I surf or use apps at home, I prefer a bigger screen, so I use iPad. And when I'm on the go, I prefer Galaxy Note 5" unless I've got an iPad with me.

  4. #23
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post

    I can only IMAGINE that something might've gotten between TPU back and the touch, then friction.
    Oops, auto correct, lol.

  5. #24
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    Ha! I figured auto-incorrect!

    I'm mainly curious about what you think about the screen and the speed. And the weight and interface. I still have my Fire, though I'm thinking about passing it on to my brother. I heard it can be rooted and Jelly Bean put on, but I think it is a bit heavy. I'm also going to pass on my Acer Iconia to my brother for a gift. That thing has many useful features, but it too is a clunker.

    Last night I got the Jelly Bean 4.2 update on my Google Nexus 7. It is a nice little thing with a nice looking screen...the new $299 model will have 32GB and some form of cellular. Not a bad deal. The size of it makes it great for watching movies in bed.

    I can't seem to figure out my final Android solution. It is way more confusing than iPad land! I just feel like I need a full-size Android device....if I could find the Asus Infinity Pad or whatever they call it, on sale, I might settle for that. So 4 or 5 tablets ought to be enough to cover work and most of my house. If Samsung would sell that Note 2 without the phone, then I'd jump right on that.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  6. #25
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    Ha! I figured auto-incorrect!

    I'm mainly curious about what you think about the screen and the speed. And the weight and interface. I still have my Fire, though I'm thinking about passing it on to my brother. I heard it can be rooted and Jelly Bean put on, but I think it is a bit heavy. I'm also going to pass on my Acer Iconia to my brother for a gift. That thing has many useful features, but it too is a clunker.

    Last night I got the Jelly Bean 4.2 update on my Google Nexus 7. It is a nice little thing with a nice looking screen...the new $299 model will have 32GB and some form of cellular. Not a bad deal. The size of it makes it great for watching movies in bed.

    I can't seem to figure out my final Android solution. It is way more confusing than iPad land! I just feel like I need a full-size Android device....if I could find the Asus Infinity Pad or whatever they call it, on sale, I might settle for that. So 4 or 5 tablets ought to be enough to cover work and most of my house. If Samsung would sell that Note 2 without the phone, then I'd jump right on that.
    With the new Fire, battery life is my key priority. My original gets about 7 hours while streaming movies. The new model is supposed to get 11 if I remember right, but I figure it'll be less for movie streaming.

    I'm debating whether to get a full-size Samsung tab. I'm waiting to see about MS Surface pro. I want a full-size tab that supports SD cards.

    I think Samsung sells a version of Note without phone, as some kind of MP3 device, but haven't been following. I'm guessing that there are Notes for sale cheap now that Note 2 is out. I love the size and could see one as a remote-control/media controller even without phone.

  7. #26
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    3379
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Well that was unexpected. I just got mine delivered a minute ago. Lightning fast shipping!

  8. #27
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    My iPad 4 4G is on a delivery truck headed toward my city, according to tracking. But the estimated delivery date is still Monday, lol. Makes no sense. If it's where tracking says it is, it's about 30 minutes from my house.

  9. #28
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    I just got my mini....it came a day early! Cool beans.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  10. #29
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    My iPad 4 4G is on a delivery truck headed toward my city, according to tracking. But the estimated delivery date is still Monday, lol. Makes no sense. If it's where tracking says it is, it's about 30 minutes from my house.
    It can show up early!
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  11. #30
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    I just got my mini....it came a day early! Cool beans.
    Cool. Have you decided whether to return the wifi or 4G one, or keep both?


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. iPad mini and Fourth-Gen iPad Screens Compared
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 05:32 AM
  2. iPad Mini Set For November 2 Release Date
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM
  3. November Release Date Rumoured For iPad Mini
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 01:20 PM
  4. Best place to buy iPad 2 on release date
    By arewdss in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
  5. iPad Release Date
    By iDan in forum iPad FAQ
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:27 PM

Search tags for this page

apple ipad mini cellular release date
,

ipad 4 cellular release date

,
ipad 4 release date
,
ipad 4th gen cellular release date
,

ipad 4th generation cellular release date

,
ipad cellular release date
,

ipad mini cellular release date

,
ipad mini with cellular release date
,
ipad4 cellular release date
,
release date for ipad 4th gen cellular
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread