This looks like a really useful app for comic book fans, and itís already getting some great feedback in the App Store, so it obviously walks it like it talks it! The app is called ComicBookPad 1.0 for the iPad, and itís the work of a Bulgarian company called Developica. The app, which is exclusive to iPad, is a full-featured comic book reader that enables simultaneous reader functionality and iTunes playback. Developica says that its aim was to achieve some sort of multitasking involving iTunes, despite the fact that the iPad currently doesnít support iOS 4-style multitasking.
The iPad optimised reader includes real-time display and zoom, thumbnails of every page, a file library with stacks, no-lag page turning, and .cbr, .cbz, .rar, and .zip file import capability. Hereís a list of some of the main feature highlights of the app courtesy of Developica:
- The app accommodates all major comic book file formats including: .cbr, .cbz, .rar, and .zip
- Download eComicbooks to a computer, and then easily upload to ComicBookPad on iPad
- Easily zoom in and out with iPad-optimized graphical display
- Designed to run smoothly with no lag or broken images
- Listen to iTunes while ComicBookPad is running - multitasking without iOS 4
- Page slider shows thumbnail view of every page for random access to any page
- Fully searchable library, and file groups
- Integrated music player controls, playlists, and search
Comic book lovers can download the app from the iPad App Store for $8.99/£5.49.