Call a game “Crazy Teapots” and you’ve already got my attention! It’s about time us tea lovers got to play games with our favourite beverage as the star! One look at the trailer and I was even more sold on the game. Crazy, red-eyed-with-rage teapots storming their way around old-school death-match style environments and blasting hapless pieces of fruit to pulp, all to the accompaniment of jaunty background music, who can resist that?! The game is the work of indie developer Alexander Efremov, and is his first attempt at releasing an iOS game. In the game, you can either play against computer-controller players (bots) or your friends. Here are some of the game’s main features courtesy of Efremov:
Fun indeed! I’m off to put the kettle on!• Universal application for iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad devices.
• Game interface translated to all languages currently supported by iOS devices.
• Native support for Retina display.
• Network game play with friends via Bluetooth, over Wi-Fi or Online.
• Voice chat option in network games.
• Several maps to play on, each with their own design.
• Three bots intelligence levels.
• Up to 8 players in one game.
• Adjustable game parameters (incl. an option to choose your player's color).
• TV out support.
• Three virtual camera modes: first-person perspective and two third-person tracking perspectives (behind and above).
• Three kinds of missiles, each with their own features.
• Health and shield packs.
• Physically realistic motion.
• Intuitive game controls (joysticks).
• Players appearances reflect their health state in the game.
• No banner advertising.
Click here to download the game for $1.99: Crazy Teapots 3D for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Source: Alexander Efremov