AT&T has today announced the release of its U-verse for iPad app, which enables users to connect their iPad to their TV. AT&T says that it devised the app because of research that shows that the majority of tablet owners use their iPad simultaneously while watching TV, so they wanted to give customers the ability to link their iPad to their choice of any U-verse TV receiver and access the following features:
The app can also be used to watch TV shows and movies over any Wi-Fi connection. You can choose from a library of popular content based on your U-verse TV package. You can also use the app to access the U-verse programming guide and DVR scheduling, which is similar to the functionality available on the U-verse iPhone app.
- Extra content and information about the TV show you're watching, including series overview, episode synopsis, photos, cast and crew information, related TV shows and more.
- A full-featured, intuitive U-verse remote control with channel, guide, DVR, interactive app and on-demand controls, eliminating the need for extra (or lost) remotes throughout the home.
- Advanced search functionality to help you find the content you want.
- Recommendations on what to watch with ratings and reviews.
- Ability to share information about what you are watching with friends on Facebook.
Click here to download the free app: AT&T U-verse for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store"Today, we are taking our best in class TV experience and taking it to a whole new level by joining two very powerful platforms: your TV and iPad," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility. "With our new app, AT&T U-verse customers have access to incredible functionality to make the TV experience much richer, from superior search and control functionality, to fresh content that tells you more about what you're watching, to the ability to share what you're watching with your friends through social networks. And, when they leave the home, our customers can take the U-verse experience with them."