Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

OnLive Desktop Brings Windows 7 and Microsoft Office to the iPad

This is a discussion on OnLive Desktop Brings Windows 7 and Microsoft Office to the iPad within the Apple iPad News forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Downloading it now!...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OnLive Desktop Brings Windows 7 and Microsoft Office to the iPad

  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    52510
    Liked
    142 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Midwest
    Posts
    2,320
    Downloading it now!
    Sent from my White iPad 4.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    52510
    Liked
    142 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Midwest
    Posts
    2,320
    Where is the browser on it? Useless without one....
    Sent from my White iPad 4.

  4. #13
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    18454
    Liked
    15 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSonata
    Where is the browser on it? Useless without one....
    There will be a payable version that has flash web browsing soon apparently.
    32GB WIFI/3G 'The New ipad'

  5. #14
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    52510
    Liked
    142 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Midwest
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by addiosamigo

    There will be a payable version that has flash web browsing soon apparently.
    Should have included the browser already with the FREE app, IMO.
    Sent from my White iPad 4.

  6. #15
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    125866
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    159
    Is this going to compete with cloudon?

  7. #16
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    28530
    Liked
    1522 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Walla Walla, WA
    Posts
    15,430
    I haven't looked into it yet, but Desktone and CloudOn are supposed to be offering similar products.

    All three are in my "look into this" notes.

    I've been keeping my eye out for cloud based office solutions that will work with the iPad.

  8. #17
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    121717
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6
    I downloaded the app Friday night and was able to log in yesterday night. I had to wait for my account to be created on the back end. The interface is nice and to me is more touch and user friendly than CloudOn. What makes me continue to use CloudOn is the fact that you can't email documents from OnLive. You save and have to use your PC or Mac to email the document. Tome that defeats the purpose of it being offered and used on the IPad. I hope they make adjustments soon.

  9. #18
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    94732
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsburney83
    I downloaded the app Friday night and was able to log in yesterday night. I had to wait for my account to be created on the back end. The interface is nice and to me is more touch and user friendly than CloudOn. What makes me continue to use CloudOn is the fact that you can't email documents from OnLive. You save and have to use your PC or Mac to email the document. Tome that defeats the purpose of it being offered and used on the IPad. I hope they make adjustments soon.
    Half these arent avaoalble in australia yet, cant even see them on the app store...

  10. #19
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    113215
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    46
    What's really annoying is that I registered and told them I was in Spain. A few days later I get an email telling me I can download and use the app as I have been granted a free account, Great. No definitely not seems their allocation software ignores country of registration and so the app is only available to US users still.

    The waiting continues.

  11. #20
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    18454
    Liked
    15 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrider
    What's really annoying is that I registered and told them I was in Spain. A few days later I get an email telling me I can download and use the app as I have been granted a free account, Great. No definitely not seems their allocation software ignores country of registration and so the app is only available to US users still.

    The waiting continues.
    Just follow the instructions how to make a US account, it works fine I'm in the UK and I downloaded onlive and cloudon
    32GB WIFI/3G 'The New ipad'


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft office on IPAD 2
    By Kiyanko in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 03:23 AM
  2. OnLive Launches FREE Virtual Windows Desktop w/Office for iPad
    By duaneswoon in forum User News Submissions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
  3. Cloudon App brings Microsoft Office on iPad for the first time
    By murshidm in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. Microsoft Office on iPad
    By NEOBAHAMUT in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 03:39 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 09:57 AM

Search tags for this page

how to get onlive desktop in australia
,
is onlive desktop safe
,
microsoft office for ipad download
,
office live ipad
,
online desktop ipad
,
online desktop ipad 2
,
online live desktop ipad
,

onlive desktop australia

,
onlive desktop available in australia
,
onlive desktop in australia
,
onlive desktop ipad register
,
when will onlive desktop be available in australia
Click on a term to search for related topics.