As a big fan of classic Amiga game Another World, I’ve been excitedly waiting for more news from Bulkypix and DotEmu about the forthcoming iOS release of the updated game ever since it was announced a few weeks back. Well now I’m delighted to say that Bulkypix have announced today that the game will be released to the App Store on September 22, for $4.99 / 3.99€ / £2.99. This special 20th Anniversary edition for iOS is a combination effort from the visionary original game designer Eric Chahi and the developer DotEmu. The original game was released across more than a dozen platforms since it made its debut in 1991, and has become a cult classic with gamers all over the world due to its way-ahead-of-its-time cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes. This truly was groundbreaking stuff!
The game’s storyline revolves around the adventures of a young scientist, Lester Knight Chaykin, who was hurled through space and time by a nuclear experiment that went badly wrong. In order to survive, Lester must dodge, outwit and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape where he is trapped. Here are some of the game’s key features courtesy of Bulkypix:
Can’t wait to see if this is as good as I remember it!
- Remastered presentation with both original and upgraded graphics which support the high definition iPad format and the iPhone 4's Retina Display
- Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
- 2 game controls, New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
- 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Hardcore (more difficult than original game)
- Sound and SFX 100% remastered
- Game Center with 13 achievements to unlock
- 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)