Memory of Colors is a fascinating app for iPad and iPhone from Fotopedia, creator of the first collaborative encyclopedia, which takes viewers on a photographic journey through disappearing cultures around the world, and shares a message of peace, tolerance and respect. Memory of Colors follows on from Fotopedia’s first two apps, Heritage and National Parks, and features a rich collection of portraits that provide a look at humanity’s fragile diversity in over 18 countries. The coffee-table app is assembled in an infinite color palette, where each color represents a facet of human culture. Created by respected photographer Jaime Ocampo-Rangel, it took over 12 years to complete, requiring a colossal amount of research, logistics, and diplomacy. It was first exhibited at UNESCO’s headquarters in 2010.
Here’s a breakdown of some of Memory of Colors’ key features, courtesy of Fotopedia:“Our mission is to help people discover and explore the beauty of the world,” said Jean-Marie Hullot, CEO, Fotopedia. “Memory of Colors is an app with a purpose, an appeal to the protection of our cultural treasures.”
“I set out to preserve the beauty of these people before it’s too late, and create a pause in time and space to capture this world’s last authentic images,” added Jaime Ocampo-Real. “Fotopedia has allowed me to introduce these civilizations to an unprecedented audience that would otherwise have no idea of their existence.”
- More than 1,300 spectacular high-resolution portraits
- Wallpapers - all photos are in portrait mode, perfect for the iPhone.
- Instant Slideshows - transform your iPad or iPhone into an endless, beautiful photo frame.
- Easy Navigation - with Smart Tags, Suggestions, Search and Interactive Maps.
- Rich Information - learn more by clicking to text descriptions.
- Shuffle - shake your device to discover new images at random.
- Social Media - Share your favorite images via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Shuffle - Shake the device to discover new images at random.
Click here to download the app, which is offered at an introductory price of $0.99 (from $2.99) for one week only: Memory of Colors presented by Fotopedia for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store