Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

New Motorola Super Bowl Ad Takes Another Pop at Apple

This is a discussion on New Motorola Super Bowl Ad Takes Another Pop at Apple within the Apple iPad News forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhuEUX1kIU[/ame] Engadget features a teaser of the new Motorola ad for its forthcoming XOOM tablet which is due to air during the Super Bowl. The ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    iPadForums News Team
    Member #
    6277
    Liked
    91 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,404

    New Motorola Super Bowl Ad Takes Another Pop at Apple

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhuEUX1kIU[/ame]

    Engadget features a teaser of the new Motorola ad for its forthcoming XOOM tablet which is due to air during the Super Bowl. The ad features the Earth with a pair of white Apple-like headphones attached to it, and compares 2011 to 1984, because we are all totally forced by Apple to buy all their products, and why are they just so darned good? It’s not fair, says Motorola, stamping its foot. Naughty bad Apple, dominating the world with its products. Why won’t it play nice and give other manufacturers such as, oh, I don’t know, Motorola maybe, a bit of a chance?”It’s time for more choices”, goes the ad, before highlighting some of the XOOM’s main selling points, such as a dual-core 1GHz processor, 1080p HD video playback, 3G upgradable to 4G, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, Adobe Flash, a 5MP rear-facing camera and a 2 MP front-facing camera. Then you get to see the “free” Earth, without those big, bad Apple headphones dominating it! The only thing is, the “free” Motorola Earth looks like a burning molten fireball with no signs of life on it at all. Worrying.

    Source: Motorola teases Xoom Super Bowl ad: '2011 looks a lot like 1984' -- Engadget

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    6966
    Liked
    11 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    103
    Ill be buying one.

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    26795
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    626
    I'll take one for free.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    26626
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina - US
    Posts
    1,569
    And after all what about the big security hole found in honeycomb yesterday lol is that good?
    iFrog - Ernie
    iPad Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4S Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1

    Forum Rules. Please Read - Hacking Section Rules

  6. #5
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    3736
    Liked
    13 times
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by stick2e View Post
    And after all what about the big security hole found in honeycomb yesterday lol is that good?
    Yeah, wheres superbike with his defense of this one? Kidding m8. I know it will be fixed before release....er...I hope.
    Life begins, and spirits rise,
    and they become memories that vaporize,
    and the vapor becomes the dreams we devise,
    and while we are dreaming...
    Time flies...

  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    26626
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina - US
    Posts
    1,569
    I still been a droid user (just awaiting on verizon iphone) and I can tell you that still not nice even if not a release you should never have any issues like that!
    iFrog - Ernie
    iPad Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4S Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1

    Forum Rules. Please Read - Hacking Section Rules

  8. #7
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    14887
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by stick2e View Post
    I still been a droid user (just awaiting on verizon iphone) and I can tell you that still not nice even if not a release you should never have any issues like that!
    But that's what beta releases are for! There are plenty of issues that pop up with beta releases of iOS as well. The testing period is to find such issues and squash them before the final release comes about. Any person that runs beta firmware should be aware that such risks are always part of the deal.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    26626
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina - US
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSt

    But that's what beta releases are for! There are plenty of issues that pop up with beta releases of iOS as well. The testing period is to find such issues and squash them before the final release comes about. Any person that runs beta firmware should be aware that such risks are always part of the deal.
    I agree Dave, but lately this open source stuff makes me think about how privade are stuff can really be, even I don't do banking or nothing a long the lines still concern me but we have a lot of OS flavors and I believe on giving the try to all and find the one that fit me the best.
    iFrog - Ernie
    iPad Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4S Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1

    Forum Rules. Please Read - Hacking Section Rules

  10. #9
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    14887
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by stick2e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSt

    But that's what beta releases are for! There are plenty of issues that pop up with beta releases of iOS as well. The testing period is to find such issues and squash them before the final release comes about. Any person that runs beta firmware should be aware that such risks are always part of the deal.
    I agree Dave, but lately this open source stuff makes me think about how privade are stuff can really be, even I don't do banking or nothing a long the lines still concern me but we have a lot of OS flavors and I believe on giving the try to all and find the one that fit me the best.
    Can't disagree with that one bit!


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Apple iPad Caught Running Super Nintendo Emulator
    By IpadOne in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 05:32 PM
  3. iPad Super Bowl Commercials
    By iDan in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM

Search tags for this page

motorola super bowl headphones

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread