CES is going on right now and a ton of exciting news is coming out. The most exciting for the iPhone however is that a 4G LTE iPhone should be coming sometime in 2010. AT&T is holding a press conference right now and some of these key details have already been announced:
- AT&T CEO Ralph de la Vega detailed AT&T’s gave a keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
- AT&T is accelerating its LTE deployment — it will launch LTE later this year and complete its deployment by 2013.
- HSPA+ provides “4G speeds,” and is already widely deployed
- 20 new 4G devices will be introduced this year including modems, mobile hotspots and phones
- 4G LTE-compatible Apple iPhone coming next year
- Motorola ATRIX 4G launches this year: 4G LTE, Android OS, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 1930 mAh battery, 10.9mm thick, HTML5 support
- The ATRIX 4G has a laptop dock that basically turns the phone into a full-sized laptop — very weird, very intriguing
Will we see a 4G equipped iPad as well? Here's to hoping!
(Source: BGR & iPhone 4 Forum)