Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

This is a discussion on Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad? within the Apple iPad News forums, part of the Apple iPad Forums category; Originally Posted by AQ_OC Just like everything else, flash memory gets cheaper too. We shall see. Edit: and now we see, you were right and ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 142
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

  1. #41
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    275460
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC

    Just like everything else, flash memory gets cheaper too. We shall see.

    Edit: and now we see, you were right and I was waaaaayyy wrong!
    Why bother with a 128 GB tablet when you can buy a Seagate Wireless Plus for $199 USD with 1 terabyte of storage and pass-through technology that allows you to also connect to your home network? Also includes a USB 3.0 module when you want to connect to PC, and claims a battery life of ten hours, equal to that of the iPad.

    Wouldn't that be much more cost-effective than shelling out another $800 or so to get an upgraded device?

    MODERATED: No external links

  2. Ads


  3. #42
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    91554
    Liked
    79 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,416
    [QUOTE="SonicBodhi"]

    Why bother with a 128 GB tablet when you can buy a Seagate Wireless Plus for $199 USD with 1 terabyte of storage and pass-through technology that allows you to also connect to your home network? Also includes a USB 3.0 module when you want to connect to PC, and claims a battery life of ten hours, equal to that of the iPad.

    Wouldn't that be much more cost-effective than shelling out another $800 or so to get an upgraded device?

    That's going to be the next iPad update ... Next week lol.

    Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF
    Last edited by AdmiralAdama; 02-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.

  4. #43
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBodhi View Post
    Why bother with a 128 GB tablet when you can buy a Seagate Wireless Plus for $199 USD with 1 terabyte of storage and pass-through technology that allows you to also connect to your home network? Also includes a USB 3.0 module when you want to connect to PC, and claims a battery life of ten hours, equal to that of the iPad.

    Wouldn't that be much more cost-effective than shelling out another $800 or so to get an upgraded device?
    No. 1st, I already have the equivalent of this...you still have to carry this around to use it. It's extra gear. Can't always use pass-through...like when you're on travel and such...Second, there is nothing better than on-board storage. A 128GB iPad allows me to have some things with me that I would not normally put on my iPad because it would use too much space.

    Of course, YMMV, so if limiting your on-board storage works for you, go for it. But I won't run out and get the 128GB version the day it streets (not likely). I need to see what else is coming down the pike. My iPad 3 is not a year old yet....
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  5. #44
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    88343
    Liked
    37 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    435
    I've read the press release on the Apple website, so I'd imagine that 128 GB is coming sooner than later. Isn't Feb. 5th the official date?

  6. #45
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    275460
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC

    No. 1st, I already have the equivalent of this...you still have to carry this around to use it. It's extra gear. Can't always use pass-through...like when you're on travel and such...Second, there is nothing better than on-board storage. A 128GB iPad allows me to have some things with me that I would not normally put on my iPad because it would use too much space.

    Of course, YMMV, so if limiting your on-board storage works for you, go for it. But I won't run out and get the 128GB version the day it streets (not likely). I need to see what else is coming down the pike. My iPad 3 is not a year old yet....
    Really, the argument that it's extra gear is a little spurious. A 2.5" drive is not that bulky, and unless you are carrying your iPad around in your hand everywhere you go, I'm sure you've got some kind of a case for it. It probably even has side pockets in it. But sure, if you've got $800 or $900 or more to throw around, then be my guest, you can have whatever you want. Most of the rest of us don't have that luxury, so in light of that I wouldn't mind the slight inconvenience of having to pack one extra piece of gear in my case. Before the iPad, it was my laptop, a much bulkier affair to be sure, so it's a matter of perspective, I guess.

    I think the 'some instances' in which the pass-through wouldn't work that you refer to involve using the 4G cellular connection, but in most instances, who's going to use their data plan while streaming a huge movie file? For travel purposes, most airlines offer wi-fi, so for me this is not really an issue.

    There is one thing that I would have liked to see included on the model I bought, however, and that is stereo speakers. I'm not sure why Apple opted to put a mono speaker in the iPad series when other tablet makers are selling models that do have stereo speakers. Maybe the 128 GB model will have that, as well.

  7. #46
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBodhi View Post
    Really, the argument that it's extra gear is a little spurious. A 2.5" drive is not that bulky, and unless you are carrying your iPad around in your hand everywhere you go, I'm sure you've got some kind of a case for it. It probably even has side pockets in it. But sure, if you've got $800 or $900 or more to throw around, then be my guest, you can have whatever you want. Most of the rest of us don't have that luxury, so in light of that I wouldn't mind the slight inconvenience of having to pack one extra piece of gear in my case. Before the iPad, it was my laptop, a much bulkier affair to be sure, so it's a matter of perspective, I guess.

    I think the 'some instances' in which the pass-through wouldn't work that you refer to involve using the 4G cellular connection, but in most instances, who's going to use their data plan while streaming a huge movie file? For travel purposes, most airlines offer wi-fi, so for me this is not really an issue.

    There is one thing that I would have liked to see included on the model I bought, however, and that is stereo speakers. I'm not sure why Apple opted to put a mono speaker in the iPad series when other tablet makers are selling models that do have stereo speakers. Maybe the 128 GB model will have that, as well.
    The good thing is, we don't all have to agree on what to buy, because the market is offering us choices. There's no right or wrong purchase, except what works for the individual.

    For me, I'm not interested in carrying around extra gear on the go, so 128GBs sounds great. Even more storage would be even better, as long as it fits my budget.

  8. #47
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    49720
    Liked
    418 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBodhi View Post
    Really, the argument that it's extra gear is a little spurious. A 2.5" drive is not that bulky, and unless you are carrying your iPad around in your hand everywhere you go, I'm sure you've got some kind of a case for it. It probably even has side pockets in it. But sure, if you've got $800 or $900 or more to throw around, then be my guest, you can have whatever you want. Most of the rest of us don't have that luxury, so in light of that I wouldn't mind the slight inconvenience of having to pack one extra piece of gear in my case. Before the iPad, it was my laptop, a much bulkier affair to be sure, so it's a matter of perspective, I guess.

    I think the 'some instances' in which the pass-through wouldn't work that you refer to involve using the 4G cellular connection, but in most instances, who's going to use their data plan while streaming a huge movie file? For travel purposes, most airlines offer wi-fi, so for me this is not really an issue.

    There is one thing that I would have liked to see included on the model I bought, however, and that is stereo speakers. I'm not sure why Apple opted to put a mono speaker in the iPad series when other tablet makers are selling models that do have stereo speakers. Maybe the 128 GB model will have that, as well.


    Do you understand what YMMV means? If you did, you would not have bothered to write all of this. Do what you want....no one is standing in your way. Just don't expect everyone to see things they way you do.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  9. #48
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    250331
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Judging the price of iPad 128 gb, think they made that memory of gold.

    Sent from my iPad 4

  10. #49
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    140059
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    121
    This is much needed for the ipad, 128gb of storage would be really good! 64gb is good though so I wont buy it just for the storage, will wait for the next few upgrades when better hardware is added as well as having more storage.

  11. #50
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    91554
    Liked
    79 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by MILJAN
    Judging the price of iPad 128 gb, think they made that memory of gold.

    Sent from my iPad 4
    It Is only 100.00 more than the 64GB and the 64GB 100.00 more than the 32GB....

    Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF


Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Rumor: 128GB iPad in the works
    By Kaykaykay in forum User News Submissions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
  3. Get Ready for Apple Store 2.0
    By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 02:47 AM
  4. KELLNER: Apple's new iPad not yet ready to replace laptop
    By 4phun in forum User News Submissions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM
  5. Apple to sell TV shows for $1 at iPad launch?
    By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Search tags for this page

code 128 forum
,

ipad retina 128gbs

Click on a term to search for related topics.