Yahoo’s New Axis Search Browser Lets You Sync Bookmarks
9to5 Mac reports that Yahoo has today launched its Axis iOS web search browser, which can be installed as an extension to Safari, Chrome or Firefox, and will then sync your bookmarks between your different devices, be they desktop computer, iPad, or iPhone. You can then use the app to browse bookmarks, view websites, and share webpages via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and more. Ethan Batraski, head of product for the Search Innovation Group at Yahoo, told Cnet that Axis is designed to bypass the middle step in the Web search process. Basically, instead of typing in a search term, looking at the results, and then going to the page you want, Axis should enable you to go straight from your search query to the page in question. Instead of pulling up a list of links, Batraski tells Cnet that 80% of the time when you use Axis to search for a subject, you will see a screen full of Web page thumbnails, which make it really easy to see if you want to click on that particular page. For the other 20% of the time you’ll see text boxes showing results. Cnet says that although you do still get a list of search results, because they are integrated in the browser, it makes for a better looking and more efficient search experience. Batraski also told Cnet that Apple approves of Axis, despite it being a rival to Apple’s own Safari browser, with Batraski even saying that Apple representatives have told him that they will not be putting many resources into the iOS version of Safari, so it would seem that it’s a low priority for them.
Click here to download the free browser app: App Store - Yahoo! Axis - A Search Browser
Source: Yahoo launches its own iOS web browser called Axis, with a focus on syncing bookmarks | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
Here comes Yahoo's own Web browser -- Axis | Internet & Media - CNET News