9 Out Of 10 Mothers Want an iPad Instead of Flowers For Mothersí Day
Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Apple 2.0 reports today on a new survey from shopping website TechBargains.com that says that 91% of mothers who responded to the survey said that they would rather have an iPad than a bunch of flowers, which is what the other 9% went for, given the choice. However, the survey also found that it doesnít look like many of those iPad-craving moms will actually get their heartís desire, with 59% of respondents saying that they are not going to spend more than $50 on their moms (which they might just be able to buy an iPad case with), 27% of those polled saying that they intend to give their mother flowers this year, and 33% saying theyíre not going to give them anything at all! As DeWitt notes though, the survey does contradict itself a lot, saying that most mothers donít want their children to spend more than $50 on them for Mothersí Day, and only 18% are expecting to get a gift that costs more than $250.
Source: Mothers Day: 9 out of 10 moms would prefer an iPad to flowers - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech