HELP! I need ideas for school activities!
I'm a high school teacher in Africa and I work with extremely difficult kids (mostly teenagers from the local slums), so yeah, it's a tough job.
I teach economy, tourism and documentation and I'm always looking for activities to keep those kids motivated and busy.
Here's what I tried this year:
- Ride on the local ho ho bus
- Scavenger hunt at the local shopping centre
- Scavenger hunt at the local book fair
- Marketing enquiries at school
- Lots of videos (incl. a 50 min. clip of Avatar that they loved!), real materials (newspapers, tourist guides), the iPad
These were all great but I need more. I was thinking about t-shirt designing but I'm not sure how to fit that into my classes.
Any other tips?
Thanks in advance, guys!