iPad 2 wifi keeps disconnecting
I am a new member on this forum. This is the first time I join a forum. I hope you will be able to help me in resolvingan annoying problem with the wifi connection on my iPad 2. It has recently started disconnecting after a minute or so of connection. The wifi sign on the top left hand side shows it is connected but it is not as no web pages can be loaded nor emails received or sent. The only way to get the connection is by toggling the iPad Wireless switch off and on and selecting the network again. This is becoming annoying and impracticle. I have tried to fix this by doing all the following as suggested by different threads as solution
1. updating to iOS 5.1
2. reseting the wifi connection by selecting Forget this Network
3. switching the wifi router off and on
3. changing the ip setting to Static but it keeps going back to DHCP
4. switching Cellular Data, Bluetooth and Location Services to Off
5. turning the display brightness to maximum
6. changing the wireless security to WPA2 Personal
I use Linksys WAG200G Homegate router. The distance between the router and the iPad 2 is around 2-3 meters. The router works with my laptop without any problems.
Is there a solution for this problem? I can see for hundreds of threads in different discussion forums that this is an ongoing problem. Please help.