iPad mini wifi stalls
I got the initial shipment of iPad mini from Apple on November 2nd. I have iOS 6.0.1 on it already. The wifi works fine but it stalls on links all the time. What that means is, if I have my iPad 3 next to it and on both I visit link a, link b and link c over and over again, the iPad 3 works fast the whole time. The iPad mini works fine 60% of the time, the other 40% the internet stalls and the safari status circle spins. It takes about 60-120 seconds before it brings up the link. It's very aggravating.
Since the iPad 3 works fine 100% of the time (on the same router), it has to be the iPad mini. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I have a defective iPad mini?
I don't think you can conclude that this means a defective device. First, the are in two seperate locations and thus the wireless they see could be different. The surronding can impact wireless performance in ways you cannot predict. Second, they are different machines so their software states can be different. You didn't mention that you have reset the device at all. You might try that. Also, a backup and wipe and restore might be a good idea, too.
Well it's not like I've had this thing for 4 years and loaded a bunch of crap on it. It's brand new with out of box settings. I reset it plenty of times in all the ways. Shut off wifi, turned it on. Reset my modem and router. Reboot the iPad mini.
I see a lot of forum complaints about poor wifi on the iPad mini. But that's regarding slow speeds. It could be the same issue as me just described differently. I'm just wondering if a lot of people are having this issue and want feedback on that. I saw one person take his iPad mini to the Apple store for slow wifi, they replaced it, and now his replacement iPad mini is fine on wifi. This is the feedback I'm looking for.
The difference in performance here may be due to the fact that the iPad 3 has the A5X processor and the iPad Mini has the A5 processor.
I haven't seen any posts about slow speeds on the iPad mini and I'm on this site everyday. I'm using my mini on two different wifi networks and not a single problem. I sat my iPad 3 and mini right next to each other and sometimes the mini was faster at downloading pages than the iPad 3. The processor has little to do with Webpages unless one is trying to measure top download speeds, but doing that on an Internet connection is going to be very problematic.
Since you now have said that you have done various resets, etc, which you didn't mention in the original post, you might was well take it to an apple store and let them test it. You might also make sure your router has the most up-to-date firmware too, or you might get a new one and have similar problems.