Hi All, I'm having a problem syncing my iPad:
- iPad 64Gb with 3G
- recently added many movies to iTunes
- reset iPad to factory settings after repeated failures to synch....now contains no music, movies or photos....just contact, calendar, apps.
- iPad has up to date software
- on iTunes I selected no music or photos to sync, and only last 10 videos
- getting the following iTunes error message: "The iPad....cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all the items in the selected playlists (64.20GB required, 55.63 GB available)"
How do I get iTunes to sync? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Even though you have a 64gb iPad, the operating system takes up some of that as well as the apps that come with the iPad that you can not delete. Unfortunately you will not be able to put all of your movies on your iPad, at least not in their present format.
Thanks for your reply. I deleted all but a few movies to sync from iTunes and was able to sync successfully!
Not only that but he was trying to sync 64.20Gigs. Thats more than 64gigs.
Originally Posted by 1991-C4
I have begund syncing videos to my Ipad- 64 GB. The "other" in the Capacity status bar jumps up to 12.5GB after syncing videos. I did a restore and started over. The other did drop to under 1GB. However after syncing it was back to 12 GB. The videos themselves take up 18GB. What is causing the other to go up to 12GB? How do I delete?
I am having same issue. New IOS 5 update from Apple today. Tried to sync and it failed stated "ipad cannot be synch - required disk is missing disk cannot be found" Anyone with any ideas what "disk" it is looking for? I noticed when I first plug in my IPAD it opens to INTERNAL STORAGE. Does this have something to do with it? I have 32gb IPAD WiFi. No movies, some pics and a few videos. It looked for one music video and then crapped out with message above.
I restarted IPAD and tried to re-sync and it worked. :)