TERRIBLE: iOS5 update doesn't restore some 400apps!!!
I had about 400 apps installed on my iPad2/64 (full... only 1GB free before the update).
As I had not space to backup over 60GB of data on my daily used PC laptop, I decided to use, for upgrading, a very new Macbook Pro with latest Lion and latest iTunes just installed.
So I did these steps:
1. Be sure to have all the latest Lion and iTunes versions
2. Attach my ipad2 to this new "mac" iTunes
3. Do a full backup of my iPad2
4. Do a sync (with sync apps flag in iTunes NOT checked)
5. Do a transfer purchases
6. Imported all of my photos in iPhotos
After all these actions completed properly...
Then I started the upgrade... overnight. Waking up this morning I found an upgraded ipad2, but completely empty. Therefore I did a Restore from my yesterday backup. And how did this restore end?
With ALL my 400apps WIPED OUT, BUT with about 16GB of "other data" full.
If I install, one-by-one, my old purchased apps, they magically find out their last data inside those 16GB of "other data".
I better explain: I used a lot GoodReader for my work, with about 1GB of pdf and other docs. GoodReader (as avery other app) was not reinstalled after the restore, but reinstalling it from iTunes restored all of its data. The same with each other app... reinstalling them from iTunes allow to get back their data.
1. It will be a REAL PAIN to reinstall and reorganise 400 apps from scratch
2. How the hell can I get back part of that 16GB of space if I do NOT reinstall (or remember...) one of those 400 apps? Must I remember each of my 400 apps, reinstall it, and then delete it again if I really want to delete the app and its data?
PLEASE HELP! Many many thanks in advance...