Company wide applications
We are rolling out iPads for our managers (15pcs) and this could extend to other employees as well. The CEO wanted this asap so a few managers have bought an iPad themselves and are already using it with there personal iTunes accounts.
The IT Manager would like to centralize the management of the iPads. Googling doesn't show much relevant results. The Q's I have:
- How can we purchase Apps (Pages, RDP client, ...) and distribute them on all the iPads?
- How can we prevent users from installing additional apps?
- Is it possible to set a password when starting the iPad?
- Can an iPad be remotely 'erased'? I know RIM offers this.
- Can settings be remotely changed (roaming etc)?
- How can we give the iPads access to our company shares?
We would allow the users to surf and download music from there personal iTunes.
We have a Win2k3 domain, pptp VPN is working on a few iPads.