Change Lockscreen Slider on Jailbroke iPad
I wanted a different slider on my iPad1's lockscreen. However, no matter what I did, no slider theme from Cydia seemed to work. So, I Googled and discovered that the iPad has a different naming system for the lock screen slider .png images than that of the iPhone (for which most sliders are developed).
The solution is to:
1) Download a slider theme from Cydia
2) Use iFile (or SSH in) to go to the slider's folder (and to the .png files) within Themes. The address is /var/stash/Themes…/[slider theme]/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI
[Note that your Themes folder will have a bunch of letter and numbers at the end of it - it's an iPad thing...]
3) Inside the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder, you'll find three (3) .png images:
4) Add a capital "T" to the end of the name of each of these three files (e.g. bottombarknobgrayT.png).
5) Go to Winterboard (in Settings) and activate the slider theme
Edit: The names of these three files have changed for iOS 5. They now end in ~ipad (e.g. Bottombarknobgray~ipad.png). Yep, Apple changed the naming conventions, so we have to adjust...
7) Use the new slider to open your iPad!
With the addition of changing my slider text with "Slide to Unlock Killer" (also at Cydia) - I'm highly entertained. So, I had to share.
P.S. If you have BlueiPad V2 theme loaded, make sure your slider theme is above it (in Winterboard), as it's slider mods will override the slider theme. Or just remove those .png files from BlueiPad V2. Whichever…