Jailbroken iPad (4.2.1) not rebooting after battery drain
I have the following problem and I am really desperate.
First, here is the context:
- I have an iPad jailbreaked with iOS 4.2.1 (of course, tethered) which I forgot to charge for a couple of days and the batter got completely drained
- I started recharging it, using an original 10W wall charger for iPad
- the iPad starts charging (I see the "red battery" with the flash sign on the screen) and after a while the silver apple logo appears on the screen, but the iPad never boots...and if I leave the iPad untouched (and plugged in the charger) it goes back to the "red battery" screen... and the cycle starts over.
I tried to put the iPad in DFU mode in order to boot tethered (using redsn0w 0.9.6b4) but unfortunately I can't manage to enter DFU mode...although I follow the timing provided by the redsn0w tool :( ... Here is how I do this (may be it's wrong):
i. when the apple log is on the screen, I remove the cable and press Home+Power until the screen shuts off.... I assume that this is the "TURN OFF" state.
ii. I plug-in the cable in the iPad ... at which moment (without pushing any buttons) the iPad starts and the Apple logo appears...
iii. then i try to follow the timing sequence from redsn0w (Power - 3sec, then Power+Home - 9 sec, then Home - 15 sec), but I never reach the DFU mode... instead, every time the iPad ends in a state with the screen black (like it would be completely shut down)
One more thing: I would not mind even restoring the iPad! ... and I even managed to reach the "Connect to iTunes" window. However, the iPad never get recognized by iTunes... I tried it on three different Mac computers, and in Windows on a VM... but it never got recognized by iTunes.... by reading the Apple instructions, they emphasize that the device must have at least 20% of battery when entering Recovery mode, which is certainly unachievable for me :( due to the fact that the iPad never charged beyond the point (threshold) at which it switches from the "red battery" screen and tries to boot)
So, my questions are:
1. Did this ever happened to you? Or have you heard/read about such a situation before?
2. Is there a way to make my iPad charge (and not stop charging after the "red battery" level is reached)?
3. Do you know *any* way in which I could restore it... or enter DFU mode?
I have jailbreaked in the last 2 year everything from iPod touch to iPhone to iPad, with various versions of tethered and untethered jailbreaks, so I have some experience in doing this... but this problem is beyond my capacity, and I am really desperate, because I am totally clueless.
Any help is welcome!
Thanks a lot,