confused by the many details of jailbreaking my device... some basic questions.
hi there, first off let me say that i HAVE been reading the tutorials and while they are well written and do explain about 90% of what i need to know i am still hazy on certain points... so i'm just going to ask a few basic questions specific to my device and hope no one is offended!
i have a new iPad 4 (bought from Best Buy) that is running iOS 6.0.1.
As far as i understand it - the following are true:
so - is all that correct then?
- the Evasi0n 1.5.3 tool will jailbreak my iPad
- it is NOT possible for me to restore to my current version of iOS however if i ever need to restore because:
- saving my SHSH Blobs will NOT work for restoring my iPad 4 if it is ever updated to 6.1.3 and there is NO (untethered) jailbreak currently for 6.1.3
- after jailbreaking, my iOS version will still read 6.0.1 (?)
- there is NO WAY for me to retain (or restore) my (unthethered) jailbreak if i ever need to restore to stock because for now there is NO WAY to upgrade to 6.1.2 because is no longer 'signed'
- there will most likely not be another jailbreak until iOS 7
- regardless tho - i can ALWAYS recover my iPad to a stock (current) version of iOS if i need to - in other words, altho i will lose my jailbreak, i can't 'brick' the device
does that mean that i shouldn't worry about my SHSH Blobs? Tiny Umbrella returned an error when i tried to save them... and then i read an article here that as far as i understood it said it wont do any good to back them up anyway.
i'm eager to Jailbreak this sucker and free MY hardware from Apple's crushing embrace - but i don't want to **** up my $700 (with Applecare) new toy!!!
i await your guidance!