Dear ipad forumers,
I want to share my experience when I bought my new IPAD, hope it can give you something,
I was looking the brand new Ipad in one forum and I found one seller which can give me a brand new sealed IPAD 16gb+3g
I was happy that time, and I connected to my itune10, detected my ipad has filmware 3.2.2 (not sure if I connect to itune9 will it become 3.2.1 ?? )
Just because I am still a newbie, I tried to jailbreak with wifi, apparently failed to jailbreak my ipad
I was curious and searched info on the internet, surprisingly the new filmware 3.2.2 cant be jailed break yet.
1. I am confused because the first time I connect to get updates itune10, it detected as 3.2.2 , if that time I connected to itune 9 will it be 3.2.1 ?
2. I'm confused, because the seller is also new Ipad user and just bought a new 3g 64GB ipad within two weeks and he can jailbreak his, I wonder if ipad has a random distribution of filmware..
3. Now I am desperated because I asked here and there, searched all the info on the net, and there was no answer how to downgrade this filmware, and I have to wait for a new version jailbreak for 3.2.2
Is there another way which I havent know yet?
Morale of the story:
This is a lesson for me and maybe for others,
Next time when I am about to buy something, I should do research first and due dilligent about that gadget, or else I ended up like this, confused and dissapointed.
For anyone who has the same experience like me,
could you share yours?
and anyone can help with my problem?
thank you in advance
Have u restored the iPad from Itīs former user ?
Has It been jailbroken before?
Do u have A Cydia icon?
1. No, It will still be the same 3.2.2
2. 3.2.2 can @ the writing moment NOT be jailbroken (It can be IF the iPad has been jailbroken before and Its SHSH blogs have been saved to saurik)
3. Read Nr 2
A Jailbreak for firmware 3.2.2 Is on the way, keep an eye on the www or In this forum, u will surely notice when It arrives.
it's a brand new sealed ipad which i bought so it hasnt been jailed break or being restored before.
Originally Posted by iPad-Sweden
I have read the ipad hacking section about 3.2.2 seems it wont help since downgrading 3.2.1 is impossible now using Cydia.
guess I must wait with the rest until the new jailbreak is coming out..
Downgrading from 3.2.2 does work but only as I said If u have the SHSH blobs saved on Cydia (Saurik).
Have been on 3.2.2 myself but jumped back two steps down to 3.2 7B367 again.
So for the time It seems like u are stuck on 3.2.2 until a new jailbreak Is available.
Sounds like your purchase was a newer buildnthus shipped with latest OS than the other iPad.
The same story. Brand new 64gb ipad ios 3.2.2 first connect itunes10 up to date, cant rostore it to 3.2.1
No jailbreak for 3.2.2 because 4.1 is bigger and stronger and more important.
I am working hard on it to find a soulution.