Ok, first post. Disclaimer: I am more familiar with Android (I have an Evo 4G) but the company made me get an iPad 2 (I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth though, so even though I'd rather have a Xoom, I'm not complaining too much about it).
Anyways, I've been using it for a few days, but have some questions that I think I already know the answer to but would like to verify:
- Is there really only one signature for all your email accounts? The company makes me use a signature, but I don't want that showing up on all my personal emails (like my gmail and yahoo accounts) as well. As it is, everytime I compose a personal mail I have to delete the signature. If this is the case, is there an alternate email app available that would support this (or simply give the option to save the signature and insert it manually like I can in Outlook)?
- I don't like the keyboard at all. I'd say it's safe to say I despise it. A search in the app store makes me think there are no alternative keyboards available. Just want to verify since I'm used to having a few dozen different options on my Android phone....would really love a Swype or Swiftkey option, but I don't believe that's possible. Again, just want to verify I'm stuck with the stock keyboard.
- When editing text, how do I place the cursor where I want? I can only get it to select an entire word, which is annoying if I just want to change one character in a long word that I've made a typo in.
- Is there a better way to navigate the app store? For example, if I am looking at the games category, there are about 10,000 apps, but I can't figure out how to jump to the middle:I have to page one page at at time. This is particular frustrating if I am just browsing and I find something to install on page 75...after choosing it to install, it jumps me back to page 1 again. I am probably missing something.
- As long as I'm talking about the app store, is there a way to sort by rating? Or just view free apps?
- Can I get my Facebook contacts and calendar to sync up? Right now it's only doing my email accounts, and I hate missing 80% of my stuff (I primarily use Facebook to maintain contacts and my calendar).
Thanks for your help. I have a couple developer questions (my boss wants me to start learning how to develop apps) but I'll post those in the right forum.
EDIT: Just realized there's a separate iPad 2 forum. Maybe this should be moved there...