just got my iPAD - first impressions
ok after reading this forum and several other forums i have decided to pull the triger. i walked to my local apple store and got myself 16gb $499 iPAD.
- amazing screen quality!!! videos need to be of high quality to take advantage of the screen.
- reading PDF magazines on iPAD blows away my
windows 7 and my kindle - adobe acrobat sucks and kindle screen is too small and too slow.
- reading books is still way better on kindle.
- games are kind of boring (so far i got flight HD, angry birds and real racing HD)
- safari handles my gmail very nicely and smoothly better than on my PC
- lack of multitasking is not a killer
- lack of explorer is a problem - i would like to view my files and be able to create folders in the main directory
- virtual keyboard is not bad, i am slowly getting used to it and i don't think i will ever buy a bluetooth keyboard. the screen is too small for writing essays.
i am glad i have made this purchase. i was well aware of the limitations and the extand to which iPAD can and cannot replace a laptop thanks to everyone in this forum!